• 8(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
megacrypto Wrote:which svn ... xbmc's or tvheadend's ? I still can get xbmc to connect to tvheadend ...

xbmc-svn seems to be needed definately - when I had the released xbmc version htsp did not work
kappa__2 Wrote:hi guys.

Same here. I cannot connect...
Admin works, channels are found, etc...

when openning the browser "htsp://127.0.0.1:9982"...

Firefox doesn't recon htsp protocol.
"The requested URL /hts/releases was not found on this server"

Any tips?

--------------------------
My specs
Dual core 2.8
Ubuntu jaunty 9.04 + xbmc from PPA
TVheadheand from SVN

htsp://127.0.0.1:9982 is for xbmc! not for browser
got it running for 2 days now and it's really promising.

I just wonder if it is possible to configure offsets for schedulings (subtracting x minutes from starttime and adding x minutes to end time)? At the moment the EPG-Times seem to be scheduled exactly. Thus I have missed the end of some movies which started delayed.

Would xmltv help here? Don't think so ...

As a workaround the schedulings could be manipulated by a script (this is from a tonight's schedule):

"start": 1249864200,
"stop": 1249869300,
austin Wrote:got it running for 2 days now and it's really promising.

I just wonder if it is possible to configure offsets for schedulings (subtracting x minutes from starttime and adding x minutes to end time)? At the moment the EPG-Times seem to be scheduled exactly. Thus I have missed the end of some movies which started delayed.

As a workaround the schedulings could be manipulated by a script (this is from a tonight's schedule):

Yeah, this feature has been asked by a lot of people so i'll make sure it gets into 2.5

Here's what I plan to add:
  • Ability to adjust start / stop time of a recorded EPG event
  • Just fill in a manual recording without any relation to an EPG event, also as recurring events (weekly, daily)
  • Ability to add start /stop offsets to autorecordings as well.

The DVB standard provides something call RST (Running Status Table) which
should be used to compensate for delayed events.
I've never seen it used though so Tvheadend does not currently support it.
andoma Wrote:[*]Ability to add start /stop offsets to autorecordings as well.

Good idea. One of the things I like about the Sage is the ability to have a default padding before and after a recording - I used to set this to 10 mins which would capture all of the overruns for me. Any chance you could have a default padding like this that would apply to all recording?

Also, (apologies for the shameless self-interested request) are you planning to include LATM AAC decoding in the next release?
megacrypto Wrote:which svn ... xbmc's or tvheadend's ? I still can get xbmc to connect to tvheadend ...

XBMC. Also, I think that right now htsp:// only works for XBMC-Linux and XBMC-XBOX. In XBMC-Windows it always gives me an error. Don't know about XBMC-Mac.
andoma Wrote:Yeah, this feature has been asked by a lot of people so i'll make sure it gets into 2.5

Here's what I plan to add:
  • Ability to adjust start / stop time of a recorded EPG event
  • Just fill in a manual recording without any relation to an EPG event, also as recurring events (weekly, daily)
  • Ability to add start /stop offsets to autorecordings as well.

The DVB standard provides something call RST (Running Status Table) which
should be used to compensate for delayed events.
I've never seen it used though so Tvheadend does not currently support it.

This is great news!

And a default padding for EPG would be awesome.
austin Wrote:got it running for 2 days now and it's really promising.

if someone wants a dirty hack:

edit file epg.c, at the beginning of method epg_event_create insert something like:

start = start - 180;
stop = stop + 600;

rebuild ...
I don't have any DVB-* cards at the moment but this seems very interesting I must confess. Might need to get some.

Anyhow. Currently I have three Hauppauge PVR tuners which all output a hardware encoded MPEG stream (not sure if it's MPEG1 or 2, have to get back on that when I get home from work). Would it be a lot of job to add support to Tvheadend for such cards? Is there something in the DVB-* specification/output from such cards that is needed for Tvheadend to work the way it is working today?

Cheers! Smile

EDIT: Just to clarify. The Hauppuage PVR-150, 250, 250 and 500 are all analogue but using
Code:
cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
yields a mpg file.

EDIT2: Haven't gotten home just yet but according to the Hauppauge web site, the cards do output MPEG-2 streams. Also I found that VDR is designed mostly for DVB-* cards but there are two plugins that allow for input from analogue cards and one, which apparently is simpler is specific to the Hauppauge PVR cards.
Hello!

Trying to compile from svn gives me an error:
Code:
sudo svn co svn://svn.lonelycoder.com/hts/trunk/tvheadend && cd tvheadend && ./configure && make
svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.lonelycoder.com': Connection refused

The first time I compiled tvheadend it worked flawlessly and at the first try... I've reinstalled th s.o. and were trying to compile the last version (although the older one works simply by copying the files to the same location in the new installation)

An amazing program, btw.
Thank you, more easy, more quick switch solution Smile
Thumbs Up 
pko66 Wrote:XBMC. Also, I think that right now htsp:// only works for XBMC-Linux and XBMC-XBOX. In XBMC-Windows it always gives me an error. Don't know about XBMC-Mac.

By the way, htsp:// sources work GREAT in windows' XBMC since a few days ago, you have simply to upgrade to the latest (and greatest) SVN version Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
pko66 Wrote:By the way, htsp:// sources work GREAT in windows' XBMC since a few days ago, you have simply to upgrade to the latest (and greatest) SVN version Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

They actually did work in windows just not windows xp or so elupus told me Smile
Not having a fully functional live TV option in a Media Center is a bummer.

For me, SVN Versions for both XBMC and TVheadend are needed to get at least a live stream. No EPG, Bouquets, sorting, grouping, parent control, recording from within XBMC. Not to mention all the other bugs the SVN versions (of course) still contain.

Is there anybody working on an integration of TVheadend to XBMC? Why not work on that one instead of Showtime 3.0 (adoma?)? It's seems to be a much more logical step than to create YAOMP (yet an other media player).

If there's no one working or plans to work on it, could someone give me a Ok if this could be done with python through a script? I'm willing to work on it. Learning Python is on my list anyway. Would be a great stimualtion.

Thanks.
T_oo Wrote:Not having a fully functional live TV option in a Media Center is a bummer.
[...]
could someone give me a Ok if this could be done with python through a script? I'm willing to work on it.

From what I see on http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/htsp about htsp protocol I think it can be done in xbmc's python (or maybe a http frontend, connectin to the server as a browser through http://ip:9981)

Post here the result of your efforts, pls!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9