• 42(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
ant_thomas Wrote:Is there a way for me to change the channel order for Tvheadend in this build? I've got all the channel numbers setup correctly within the TVHeadend interface but in XBMC everything is in alphabetical order. I know I can move each channel individually in the settings but that will take ages. I'd much rather just edit a file manually.

Same here. I can´t find an easy way to to change the channel order i XBMC Sad
Gujs Wrote:I uploaded new version. In this version I added support for scheduling recordings from xbmc. Please test it. If something goes wrong paste logs on pastebin. After some testing I will submit a patch to ticket on xbmc trac.

Thanks for the great work. Smile

Scheduling works most of the time. If not, i make a reload of epg data and it works again.
Deleting works but it does not get deleted from the frontend only from the backend.

Thanks again for the contribution.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Lightbulb 
maddox Wrote:Same here. I can´t find an easy way to to change the channel order i XBMC Sad

Open the file ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyTV4.db with a program that is capable of editing sqlite files. Then you can change the channel numbers easily. I wrote a little script which did the job for me.

@Gujs: What about a configuration option (either AdvancedSettings.xml or addon configuration) to force usage of VDPAU? When this option is activated, VDPAU can be initialized with a fixed dimension of 1920x1080.
i have just made a test to add timer from EPG. I have the error such "Server ERROR" or something like that.

I will try to provide you a log file !!!

regards
nunu
nunu Wrote:i have just made a test to add timer from EPG. I have the error such "Server ERROR" or something like that.

I will try to provide you a log file !!!

regards
nunu

Try to reload the epg data from xbmc settings.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gujs Wrote:Yesterday I uploaded latest tvhedend. But now I changed the name. It includes ubuntu version in name, just like xbmc packages. If you want it, you have to remove the old one and install new one again.

Thanks. With this new version of the SVN Tvheadend, the reception of the stream in the xbmc its better for me.
xoox Wrote:Open the file ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyTV4.db with a program that is capable of editing sqlite files. Then you can change the channel numbers easily. I wrote a little script which did the job for me.

@Gujs: What about a configuration option (either AdvancedSettings.xml or addon configuration) to force usage of VDPAU? When this option is activated, VDPAU can be initialized with a fixed dimension of 1920x1080.

thanks for the tip xoox :cool2:
alanwww1 Wrote:Deleting works but it does not get deleted from the frontend only from the backend.

For me, the deleting of timers works fine if the program is not being recordered in that moment. If it is, i must to stop recording two times (activating the first option of the menu displayed with the button "C" from the timeline GUI) , the first activation stops the recording but not eliminate the recording icon in the GUI of XBMC (in the backend the recording icon changes to an alert icon) and the second activation deletes the recording icon in the XBMC GUI and deletes the alert icon in the tvheadend GUI.
looks like we have to wait for a future ffmpeg build:

Quote:The problem is that we don't know the width/height of the video at startup. This could be unsupported by the HW.

This will remain unsupported until either tvheadend is extended to provide width/height or ffmpeg accepts the patch to move vdpau to new hwaccell framework.
xoox Wrote:Open the file ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyTV4.db with a program that is capable of editing sqlite files. Then you can change the channel numbers easily. I wrote a little script which did the job for me.

I was thinking about the option in addon configuration to. I just didn't have any time to do that right now. I will try to do that this weekend.
Gujs Wrote:I was thinking about the option in addon configuration to. I just didn't have any time to do that right now. I will try to do that this weekend.

Okay. Please hurry up. The world cup is coming... Big Grin
xoox Wrote:Okay. Please hurry up. The world cup is coming... Big Grin

you can always record the broadcast and watch the recorderd file while recording.. VDPAU is being used then! But you might suffer a delay and not be watching it live Big Grin but indeed a 'hack' to force VDPAU would be more than welcome because i can't seem to get it working myself!
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C

Yeah pull ya fingers out theres only 3 days left, 4 till first england matchLaughLaugh
Can anyone lend me their years of experience please.

I have an Acer Revio running XBMC Live. I would like to get (Uk) Freeview HD TV on this. Can this be done using the AVerTV Volar Black HD A850? (here is a link http://www.dabs.com/products/avermedia-a...-698R.html )

I was hoping it would be a case of plug and play. I've read various threads and what not but it is confusing as to whether this will work out of the box on a XBMC build on the Rivo. Any assistance greatly appreciated!! Smile

This hack works for me forcing vdpau to work with all mpeg2 and x264 encoded channels:

In xbmc svn dir:

nano xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.cpp

Before these lines
Code:
#ifdef HAVE_LIBVDPAU
  if(g_guiSettings.GetBool("videoplayer.usevdpau") && !m_bSoftware)
  {
    while((pCodec = m_dllAvCodec.av_codec_next(pCodec)))
insert:
Code:
hints.width=800;
  hints.height=600;

The reason it is not 1920x1080 or 1200x720 i am using is that i realized that in this case xbmc disables hq upscaling and sticks sith bilinear even with SD channels which makes edges ugly.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9