• 55(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
Cirion Wrote:It does say "backend client". That is not a server...

Sorry, my bad No I'll keep my eyes open. Laugh
For anyone interested - I've filed a Launchpad bug in Ubuntu to have tvheadend packaged as a "proper" package in the Ubuntu repositories. Should mean it'd be easier to get into XBMC Live + for Ubuntu users with xbmc...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/611280
Sad 
I have tvheadend working with my dvb-t and displaying free to air with epg. I have xbmc 1.9.11-karmic1 installed on 2nd ubuntu pc, i have then gone 'Programs' add source and added 'htsp://un:pw@ipaddress:9982' with name 'Tvheadend' and it seems to respond ok but when I go to 'Programs' 'Tvheadend' it lists:
Live channels
Tag: ABC
Tag: SC Media
Tag: SDTV
Tag: TV channels

but I get no channels or live TV. I'm new at this so any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Garry
Shouldn't you add tvheadend under Videos?
mudgee.garry Wrote:I have tvheadend working with my dvb-t and displaying free to air with epg. I have xbmc 1.9.11-karmic1 installed on 2nd ubuntu pc, i have then gone 'Programs' add source and added 'htsp://un:pw@ipaddress:9982' with name 'Tvheadend' and it seems to respond ok but when I go to 'Programs' 'Tvheadend' it lists:
Live channels
Tag: ABC
Tag: SC Media
Tag: SDTV
Tag: TV channels

but I get no channels or live TV. I'm new at this so any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Garry

Garry, those shoudl be virtual folders from memory, if you click on Live Channels, it should take you to the full channel listing. You can make your Tvheadend source take you straight there by changing the source to: htsp://user:pass@ipaddress:9982/tags/0

And as tsint pointed out, it probably won't work if it's a link within Programs, you should create this source within Videos

Cheers,
Adam.
tsint Wrote:Shouldn't you add tvheadend under Videos?

Yes of course I should have, I have no idea why I did under programs.

Thanks.
Thanks Adam
ads_german Wrote:Garry, those shoudl be virtual folders from memory, if you click on Live Channels, it should take you to the full channel listing. You can make your Tvheadend source take you straight there by changing the source to: htsp://user:pass@ipaddress:9982/tags/0 Cheers, Adam.

Thanks Adam
I have a problem with the TVHeadend webui. After a few weeks I have lost the tabs "Digital Video Recorder" and "Configuration" in the webui.
So now I cant do a new scan when I have got new channels and a few have moved.
Any suggestions?
I have 6 tuners at the moment, and for example two of them are "STB0899 Multistandard", however if i reboot, sometimes these could be duplicated. So there would be 4 "STB0899 Multistandard". With the first two now not having a device path, while the two new ones would have a device path but would have no transponders.

Another problem is "STB0899 Multistandard" could be first in the list before reboot, but after reboot another tuner "Conexant CX24116/CX24118" could be first in the list.

Anyone have similar problems and know how to solve this?
moontan77 Wrote:I have 6 tuners at the moment, and for example two of them are "STB0899 Multistandard", however if i reboot, sometimes these could be duplicated. So there would be 4 "STB0899 Multistandard". With the first two now not having a device path, while the two new ones would have a device path but would have no transponders.

Another problem is "STB0899 Multistandard" could be first in the list before reboot, but after reboot another tuner "Conexant CX24116/CX24118" could be first in the list.

Anyone have similar problems and know how to solve this?

Hi moontan77:

this can solve your 2rd problem, not sure for the 1st one:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/options-dvb.conf
put your hardware info in that file, starts form "0", then reboot. here's my config:

Code:
#DVB-C
options dvb_usb_dw2102 adapter_nr=0
#DMB-TH
options dvb_usb_cxusb adapter_nr=1
#DVB-S2
options dvb-usb-tbsqboxs2 adapter_nr=2
#DVB-T
options dvb_usb_dib0700 adapter_nr=3

the device name can be found by using "lsusb" or "lsmod" or something like that (sorry, I can't remember)

and, as you can see, all of my tuners are USB connections, so please note this config only works for those devices plugged and powered on(for DVB-S devices) before computer's booting. If you unplug and re-plug them after boot, that might couse a mass. (but internal cards were fine coz you cannot unplug them while your computer's running)

hope that helps, and sorry for my English.

John
I also solved the problem with gururu's options.dvb method, but I also get missing devices. As I have a PCI-E card with dual tuners I disabled the autostart of the tvheadend service, and started it from /etc/rc.local instead, after I create symbolic links in /dev/dvb/ for the 2nd tuner (as tvheadend doesn't support multiple tuner crds at present). I assume that starting tvheadend there also ensures that all devices are loaded.

Gururu: do have have any issues with USB tuners losing signal? I have an Avermedia Afatech DVB-T stick and if it's idle for a longer period (> 1 day) it looses signal and I can't get any stations, although the device is still shown in tvheadend. I switched off USB power saving but that only seemed to lengthen the idle period. The only solution I've found so far is to stop tvheadend, unplug/plug the stick, check that demsg shows the device successfully loaded, then start tvheadend (and wait for the mux scan)....

I think I have the latest firmware

John
gururu Wrote:Hi moontan77:

this can solve your 2rd problem, not sure for the 1st one:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/options-dvb.conf
put your hardware info in that file, starts form "0", then reboot. here's my config:

Code:
#DVB-C
options dvb_usb_dw2102 adapter_nr=0
#DMB-TH
options dvb_usb_cxusb adapter_nr=1
#DVB-S2
options dvb-usb-tbsqboxs2 adapter_nr=2
#DVB-T
options dvb_usb_dib0700 adapter_nr=3

the device name can be found by using "lsusb" or "lsmod" or something like that (sorry, I can't remember)

and, as you can see, all of my tuners are USB connections, so please note this config only works for those devices plugged and powered on(for DVB-S devices) before computer's booting. If you unplug and re-plug them after boot, that might couse a mass. (but internal cards were fine coz you cannot unplug them while your computer's running)

hope that helps, and sorry for my English.

John

cheers! seems to work fine so far
Hello everybody!

First of all: thanks for this astonishing piece of software. I simply love TVHeadend and its way of bringing my TV-Card to life :-)

Recent issues I have with 2.11 however are, that the EPG data of TV shows I want to record sometimes change for a couple of minutes and that TVHeadend misses to recognize this change as being the very same show it already scheduled to record. It so happens, that I end up with two or even three recordings of the same show, each shifted in its recording time. Does anybody else have this behaviour here in Germany? Is a fix planned for it or a workaround available?

Keep up the good work!!
Since a couple of days the time of my EPG is off by an hour, everything is displayed 1 hour too soon. Probably a timezone setting but i checked and the time(zone) is correct in Linux, XBMC. TVheadend is running on my seperate server and also there the time is correct, EPG in tvheadend is correct btw.

Anyone know where to look?
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9