• 107(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
mw0208 Wrote:Hi gujs,

thanks for your reply. That's also my experience and it seems that the interlacer in XBMC with VDPAU seem to be the real problem. Is that right?
I found a post in a german vdr board. The guy there mentioned that the "Deinterlace Skip Chroma" option is not implemented in XBMC.
Is there a developer who can confirm that or not. The guy said, that after he implemented it the quality was much better and there was no more juddering. Unfortunately I don't know how. He attached a diff file as a patch.

Can you provide me link to diff. I would really like to see how this works. I can provide a build on my ppa if it really works better. But not before next weekend.
here we go. it is the last post. I hope it is allowed to post links here.
link
And please let me know if it works.
does anyone know where the channels/group configuration file is located? i need do make a backup :/
ErAzOr2k Wrote:does anyone know where the channels/group configuration file is located? i need do make a backup :/

If you mean for XBMC then I think its in /home/(your user)/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyTV4.db

If you mean TVHeadend then I all the configuration stuff should be under /home/hts/.hts iirc
dmankg Wrote:hi all,
can somebody explain me in two words how can i watch live tv.
i have xbmc linux. now i can watch iptv using vlc udp://@212.24.0.1:3000
how can i do it using xbmc!
thanks

Hi dmankg:
Tvheadend supports IPTV as video sources, you can add your IPTV address in Tvheadend webui.
Hi something I wonder about.. When locking at a channel the logfile xbmc.log is just spaming with information. Can you somehow stop the logging? I dont think its nesesary to have all this information writing to disk if you dont want it. I use a SSD disk so i like to turn so much logging of as possible.
drago:

a)move log/debug to RAM - change "mmc" to proper user...
Code:
echo "
# XBMC TEST - Debug -> RAM
none                   /home/mmc/.xbmc/temp      tmpfs     size=20M   0      0
">>/etc/fstab

b)disable debug
compile with "--disable-debug"

c)disable crash log
Code:
sed -i 's/FILE="$HOME\/xbmc_crashlog-`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S`.log"/exit 0/' /usr/bin/xbmc
d) your box crashes and nobody of team xbmc will be able to help you because you don't have debug logs...
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
e) SSD/USB Flash dead -> no log too :p
so stick with your option a)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Thanks, I did option "a". Hope my new SSD is going to have a longer and happy life now =)
dushmaniac: a) is good but not for "PC" with 512MB and 0-300MB crashlog...
into normal PC (XBMC+TVh - RAM:2GB,HDD: 2.5"...) i dont use nothing from a/b/c

edit
drago: change "size=20M" to much moore if you use debug log - how much ? dep. on RAM...

dushmaniac: if XBMC log space is full its working or crash ?
remember that your logs will only be in your pc's memory, so if you need the logs, copy them over to another box before shutting down.

you might want to increase to size to something more than 20MB, because that could be a bit small.

@robosk: your crashlog won't reach that 300MB. a coredump might be a bit big for low memory systems, but can't be stored in a 20MB ramfs anyway.

edit:
no idea what happens then. create a tiny ramfs for ~/.xbmc/temp, start xbmc and you'll know Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

131M xbmc_crashlog-20101107_205528.log
136M xbmc_crashlog-20101126_115159.log
187M xbmc_crashlog-20101208_002807.log
158M xbmc_crashlog-20101210_001551.log
191M xbmc_crashlog-20101224_132901.log
153M xbmc_crashlog-20101230_113058.log

but 20-200MB crashlog = xbmc need long time to restart (USB Flash with "slow" write)
RoboSK Wrote:131M xbmc_crashlog-20101107_205528.log
136M xbmc_crashlog-20101126_115159.log
187M xbmc_crashlog-20101208_002807.log
158M xbmc_crashlog-20101210_001551.log
191M xbmc_crashlog-20101224_132901.log
153M xbmc_crashlog-20101230_113058.log

but 20-200MB crashlog = xbmc need long time to restart (USB Flash with "slow" write)

They are huge!

My biggest seems to be about 22MB. Average about 1-2MB.
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9