German TV apps
Are there any good video apps for German TV channels that are actually working?
(2014-08-04, 11:17)dylan87 Wrote: Are there any good video apps for German TV channels that are actually working?

There are a few German TV add ons which are working. There are a few add ons for ARD and all but one of these work. There are also apps for ZDF which work and the Tagesschau even has its own add on. Unfortunately 7TV doesn't work outside Germany. There's also ATV which is Austrian.
Thank you for the answer! All the ARD apps I came across have some bugs, but I better check them all out. Never heard of 7TV, will have a look on that and on ZDF an ATV as well.
(2014-08-06, 11:01)dylan87 Wrote: Thank you for the answer! All the ARD apps I came across have some bugs, but I better check them all out. Never heard of 7TV, will have a look on that and on ZDF an ATV as well.

If you just look in the list of video add ons, you'll find that 7TV is listed early on because it starts with a number, so it comes before A. Unfortunately, from here in the UK it seems that all their videos are blocked. I don't know any way round this yet because I haven't used XBMC for that long. The main problem is that the XBMC GUI interface prevents me from doing much. I don't know if I can open a Terminal window at all. Are you in Germany? Today I managed to turn on the subtitles facility for XBMC in general after finding a topic on here about it. I think this comes under System/Settings/Video/Subtitles. The Dutch TV add ons RTL XL and Uitzending Gemist both work here in the UK, but I'm not sure about the subtitles. I saw an interesting documentary on RTL XL called "De Duitsers" (The Germans) where the Dutch presenters spoke German a lot of the time. As you may have guessed, I'm a "Sprachgenie" (linguistic genius).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
German TV apps0