Updating Infos without Fanart/Posters
Dear all,

For many movies in my library there are missing informations for example the rating. I think its because i used different scrapers. So i want to update them to get all informations, as the Fanart and Posters are already there so i just want to update the informations it selfs to save time. Is that possible? Thanks for any help.

Hili
You can export the db to a single file, make your changes to that file (which may be difficult/take a while if you have a ton of movies), then import the updated file back into xbmc.

EDIT: Wait, you want all the information? You can just view the info for a movie and hit "Refresh". That will download all the new information. At first I thought you meant just single entries like ratings or something.
thanks for the help, but updating the information via the refresh button it will download poster and fanart as well isn't it? Exactly that i want to avoid.

My idea is to export to single file and then just delete the .nfo file in the folder but keep the fanart and .tbn, but i am not sure if it works that way?
Hili Wrote:thanks for the help, but updating the information via the refresh button it will download poster and fanart as well isn't it? Exactly that i want to avoid.

My idea is to export to single file and then just delete the .nfo file in the folder but keep the fanart and .tbn, but i am not sure if it works that way?

Hmmm... I don't think it changes the poster/fanart with a refresh. You could always test it on a movie that you don't care if the poster/fanart changes. *shrug*

To get an nfo in the folder of the movie, you'd have to export to multiple files.... but it would export separate files for all movies. If you're short on disk space or simply don't want to have nfo files, you can just export to a single file. This creates one file with the info for every movie in your library. That's why I said it would take a while/be difficult if you have a large collection because there can be a lot of information to sort through. When you're done making changes, you can import it back into xbmc then delete the file.
Hi,

i tried updating by the refresh button but rating won't appear. I think i have to do a library cleanup and do a whole new scan.

If i do a backup to multiple files and delete the nfo files so the scan will recognize the fanart and poster and wont download them?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Infos without Fanart/Posters0