• 3(current)
MiniMeedia v0.86 Released (01/06/2009)
xbs08 Wrote:Now that your working on the new showcase view i would like to request some sort of feature that allows fast scrolling, normally showcase views tend to have slow scroll because of the fanart loading times, something like skin Focus fanart view would be great.

Personally i prefer views with several posters visible, like minimeedia poster info view, because they are easier for children that dont know how to read to chose the movie they want to see Big Grin

The new background loading of the fanart should mean that there's not really any delay any more when scrolling through?

Do you use a keyboard at all? If so then pressing Shift + [Letter] navigates straight to the first item beginning with that letter. It's very cool Big Grin

I'm not planning on adding a scrollbar to the Showcase at this time but once I've finished all the other changes I plan to make then I may come back to it and look at it again just to make sure.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Shift + [Letter] is a very nice feature but i use remotes only, PC and Xbox, i could use that sms thing on the keymap.xml too but on the xbox i dont know if that would work because of 3.6.9 keys (volume+mute).

I dont know if this is possible but loading the fanart on key release would take care of that delay. Pressing right would advance to next item, releasing the key would load fanart, if right is pressed for a long time it would scroll thru without any delays.

If that isn't possible a scrollbar would be very nice too Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hey! This is a great skin. I love the fact that there is not much clutter! One question I can get music fanart working under artists view. However they don't seem to work under Album view. Is it the skin? Or is the feature just not available in xbmc?

Thanks!

J.
i have a stylish suggestion. i like the menu video osd of pm3.hd a lot. its clean, its nice.

would something speak against to put the cover to the left side and show it a bit bigger? imho, at the moment the cover is to small to see it while menu is pressed.

to compare, i've made 2 screenshots to show you, what i mean:
minimeedia osd

pm3.hd osd
xstrikax Wrote:Hey! This is a great skin. I love the fact that there is not much clutter! One question I can get music fanart working under artists view. However they don't seem to work under Album view. Is it the skin? Or is the feature just not available in xbmc?

Thanks!

J.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post342135
xstrikax Wrote:Hey! This is a great skin. I love the fact that there is not much clutter! One question I can get music fanart working under artists view. However they don't seem to work under Album view. Is it the skin? Or is the feature just not available in xbmc?

Thanks!

J.
That's an XBMC limitation I'm afraid

thonton Wrote:i have a stylish suggestion. i like the menu video osd of pm3.hd a lot. its clean, its nice.

would something speak against to put the cover to the left side and show it a bit bigger? imho, at the moment the cover is to small to see it while menu is pressed.

to compare, i've made 2 screenshots to show you, what i mean:
minimeedia osd

pm3.hd osd
That is something I've considered in the past but I think the current Default Video OSD in MiniMeedia already takes up a bit more of the screen than I would really like, hence the reason why I developed the more minimal version as an option.

The poster at the moment is the full height of the area so the only way to increase it's size would be to allow it to spill over and further cover up the video and that's not something I really want to consider at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion though Nod
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Some issues I found so far with the 86 release:
- Mouse enabled option seems inverted. Disabeling it enables the mouse and the other way around.
- When mouse mode is enabled (disabled in reality), the first time xbmc starts it looses the whole menu. Pressing up or down on remote shows the menu though. This does NOT happen when the mouse mode is there.

When going to the settings menu and the up following submenu (for example settings -> Screen settings -> next menu, it looks like it uses a fixed font rather then your selected font for the menu!!

A wish: A dedicated photo view. Right now the different listing views are not very usuable when in photo mode.

Other then that: great!
mcage Wrote:Some issues I found so far with the 86 release:
- Mouse enabled option seems inverted. Disabeling it enables the mouse and the other way around.
- When mouse mode is enabled (disabled in reality), the first time xbmc starts it looses the whole menu. Pressing up or down on remote shows the menu though. This does NOT happen when the mouse mode is there.
Skin isn't designed for mouse at all. The menu probably disappears as it thinks the menu has lost focus? I never use the mouse for control as I use the keyboard or a remote and wouldn't recommend trying to use the skin with a mouse.

mcage Wrote:When going to the settings menu and the up following submenu (for example settings -> Screen settings -> next menu, it looks like it uses a fixed font rather then your selected font for the menu!!
I think you are referring to the far right menu which doesn't have the little blue text above each item? That is because of the way that part of XBMC works, the controls (and the types of controls) are hard coded into the screen so I can't get it to work the same as the other menus. I wasn't able to figure out a way to 'hack' it to look the same but may come back to it at a later date if I remember.

mcage Wrote:A wish: A dedicated photo view. Right now the different listing views are not very usuable when in photo mode.
Have you tried the Exhibit view?

mcage Wrote:Other then that: great!
Thanks Big Grin
mcage Wrote:A wish: A dedicated photo view. Right now the different listing views are not very usuable when in photo mode.

Think he means that all the views already look like exhibit view.

You need to have a look at it Skunk. Let me point it out.

First off all
Did do some testing in pictures and on windows platform it works like it should work.

But the xbox has some trouble with loading the pictures as backgrounds.

- First view in pictures (where you did add your locations) it won't load the picture as background if the folder is not located on xbox. And most of my pictures are on NAS.

- Browsing further it works good but many times the background wil not focus.
Example.

But in general I think that that you should not go for the 4 thumbs.
It's totally out of skin concept if you ask me. (also the default thumb that shows when your in folder without images)

It would be nicer to see 1 picture at time (slideshow) but this would be a killer for the xbox.

I would suggest to use the pictures background images until you reach a folder with images and show the 4 thumbs only as cover. (This is xbox friendly)
And keep exhibit view as it is so you can display the 4 thumbs big if you like.

Talking about Exhibit view.
(This is an old post but you never gave an answer.)

Looks very nice on my windows platform and like it. (default thumbs 512 x 512).
But on the xbox the default thumbsize is 192 x 192 and that doesn't look nice.

I would suggest an option in skin settings to exchange exhibit for animated view like in MediaStream.
And make the thumb of animated view a little bit bigger.
Please consider it.
Animated view (without info) was my favorit view in MediaStream because it was so minimal and clean.

Give you an example.
The first line on the System Info/Hardware is cut off. I think it might be font related, dont know what you can do about the spacing.

Waffa Wrote:Think he means that all the views already look like exhibit view.
I don't understand what you mean? He mentioned that the list views don't work for him so I suggested a non-List view, like Exhibit.

Waffa Wrote:- First view in pictures (where you did add your locations) it won't load the picture as background if the folder is not located on xbox. And most of my pictures are on NAS.
I guess that's an issue with the xbox version then, not the skin?

Waffa Wrote:- Browsing further it works good but many times the background wil not focus.
Example.

But in general I think that that you should not go for the 4 thumbs.
It's totally out of skin concept if you ask me. (also the default thumb that shows when your in folder without images)
That image with the 4 thumbs is not something I create, that is the image for a folder that contains images. XBMC generates that.

Waffa Wrote:It would be nicer to see 1 picture at time (slideshow) but this would be a killer for the xbox.

I would suggest to use the pictures background images until you reach a folder with images and show the 4 thumbs only as cover. (This is xbox friendly)
And keep exhibit view as it is so you can display the 4 thumbs big if you like.
Exhibit view already does just show 1 picture, it just so happens that XBMC generates an images for a folder that contains 4 of the images from that folder. Believe me it's not something I have specifically chosen to show.

Waffa Wrote:Talking about Exhibit view.
(This is an old post but you never gave an answer.)

Looks very nice on my windows platform and like it. (default thumbs 512 x 512).
But on the xbox the default thumbsize is 192 x 192 and that doesn't look nice.

I would suggest an option in skin settings to exchange exhibit for animated view like in MediaStream.
And make the thumb of animated view a little bit bigger.
Please consider it.
Animated view (without info) was my favorit view in MediaStream because it was so minimal and clean.

Give you an example.
I doubt I'll be creating any platform specific views so if the Exhibit view doesn't work for a specific media type on xbox then you're better choosing one of the other views.

I may look into adding some more views (particularly ones which work better with pictures) but what I don't want to end up with is a situation like we have in MediaStream where there are lots of options for views which completely change the style of the view. (Most of that happened because at the time of developing MediaStream we were limited to 10 views). If there is a different style to a view then it will be setup as a separate view.

manojav Wrote:The first line on the System Info/Hardware is cut off. I think it might be font related, dont know what you can do about the spacing.

Bizarre Shocked

I've tried it on my current development version and it works fine so it's either something I've already fixed or an issue with your bleeding edge version of XBMC (mine is about a week old).

Hopefully when I release the next version it will magically be fixed Nod
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I don't understand what you mean? He mentioned that the list views don't work for him so I suggested a non-List view, like Exhibit.

All views have the exhibit look only the covers/list are displayed on different places, background is the cause.

Quote:I guess that's an issue with the xbox version then, not the skin?

Nope, did test on other builds. Seems like xbmc doesn't look into the folder if it's on NAS and if I select the folder it needs to load. how bigger how longer and in that time you see a black background.
The xbox is just not powerfull enough to handle it well.Sad

So I suggest to use the picture background images as backrounds not only for that but also more because it looks cleaner, nicer and runs smoother.Nod
And if I want the xbmc generated thumbs as backgrounds I'll choose exhibit view.

Quote:That image with the 4 thumbs is not something I create, that is the image for a folder that contains images. XBMC generates that.

Exhibit view already does just show 1 picture, it just so happens that XBMC generates an images for a folder that contains 4 of the images from that folder. Believe me it's not something I have specifically chosen to show.

OK, but you choose to display it as background.Big Grin

Quote:I doubt I'll be creating any platform specific views so if the Exhibit view doesn't work for a specific media type on xbox then you're better choosing one of the other views.

I may look into adding some more views (particularly ones which work better with pictures) but what I don't want to end up with is a situation like we have in MediaStream where there are lots of options for views which completely change the style of the view. (Most of that happened because at the time of developing MediaStream we were limited to 10 views). If there is a different style to a view then it will be setup as a separate view.

That's cool ! (10 view limit is gone)
Could you please add animated view.Big Grin
I don't think it a platform specific view and it totally goes with the concept.
Hi skunkmonkee can you explain how i go about adding extra mediaflags into this skin and which .xml i need to edit etc.
Ps i like the new showcase view very nice indeed
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Hi skunkmonkee can you explain how i go about adding extra mediaflags into this skin and which .xml i need to edit etc.
Ps i like the new showcase view very nice indeed

No need, I've been playing about with it the last day or so since CapnBry started up the work on adding media flagging to XBMC again Big Grin

There'll probably be a temporary version in the next release (similar to how it works in other skins) so I can get the placement, sizing etc right. Then, when media flagging arrives in XBMC it'll hopefully be a quick switchover of the code. Oo
Would love to see something like this implement on MiniMeedia...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36623&page=3 Nod

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.86 Released (01/06/2009)1