.srt subtitles positioned incorrectly on fullscreen
I've got a dual screen setup here where one of the screen serves as the window where XBMC is in fullscreen, and the other window is usually for browsing, etc etc.

Because there's the mousegrab problem due to SDL when you setup XBMC in fullscreen mode I've resorted to using the following command to maximize XBMC

DISPLAY="localhost:0.1" wmctrl -x -r XBMC Media Center -b toggle,fullscreen

Now, whenever I have subtitles in srt format (either in a separate file or embedded in an mkv) the subtitles are positioned usually somewhere in the center of the screen instead of at the bottom.

I've tried changing the position of the subtitles using "Video Calibration" as suggested elsewhere on the forum, but that results in the video reverting back to the original resolution, and in some resolutions the subtitle positioning bar simply being in the center of the "perfect square" and being inaccessible.

The problem doesn't occur with ASS/SSA subtitles, and I'm guessing that is because those can contain positioning information.

The problem doesn't occur in a fullscreen mode set by XBMC, but unfortunately that isn't an option at the moment because of the mousegrab.

Any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. If someone's been able to solve the mousegrab issue or has solved the srt subtitle positioning problem when resizing to fullscreen I would be much obliged for your assistance.

Some information that might help:
Running ubuntu 9.04
XBMC v 9.04.1 r20654 (installed through PPA)
Running on i686

To reproduce: set any non-fullscreen mode, fullscreen using "wmctrl -x -r XBMC Media Center -b toggle,fullscreen", watch something with srt subtitles
I have exactly the same problem. Any solutions? Please help.
Someone should open a trac ticket so that the issue can be address and so the devs know about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.srt subtitles positioned incorrectly on fullscreen0