• 8(current)
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
Transparency! v0.24

Just noticed a small issue with Transparency! v0.23 which causes the animated weather icons to 'stutter' a bit, instead of rendering smoothly.

You can easily fix this yourself by removing all the weather.gif images from the Transparency!/media/foldericons/weather/0-47 subfolders.

I've fixed this issue in Transparency! v0.24 (available for download in the first post), but there's really no need to update at this point.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:Nope, i never thought about it, but i just tried if i could get it to work.
It turns out you can only start a Trailer from an info window and not from one of the regular views, so i'm afraid it's not supported by xbmc.

I was going to try something like this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=trailer
Ronie, any chance you would you be willing to extend your "dirty hack" into the Program section as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrxVEv058w
ronie Wrote:Uncompressed textures can be found here.

Please post back if you think you've created something that should be included in Transparency! :-)

Ronie,

I downloaded the source files and played around with the Home Menu buttons to make them EVEN WIDER. What ever I do I can't seem to get them to display properly. I have been editing buttons for ever on other skins with no problems.

I have a request PLEASE.

I need the Home Menu buttons to be about 50 percent WIDER than the ones that you use for the "wider" buttons function.

I know that probably sounds weird, but my buttons have MULTIPLE labeling.

Something like Photos / Comic Books or MP3 Music / Audio Books.

I accomplish this using the Files, not Library method for certain things.

So my request is........ can you PLEASE make another set of Home Buttons that are 50 percent wider than the widest ones now. (Maybe a "Largest" button selection), AND Please enable "Files" for the Video Button. I found the TV/Movies selection and I use it now for those function in library mode.

SORRY for such a long post.

Transparacy Skin would be just about perfect for my uses if you could find the time to do both of these.
Hey Tomash
Are you sure about this:

"Already in the current version fanart will change when the song changes if you use the party mode feature when playing songs. Probably also when using smart playlists (I haven't tested this though)."

There's no way that changing fanart is visble in Party Mode ! I've used PM a gazillion times and I've never seen Fanart in there!

What version of XBMC are you using and how are you doing it?!!

H.
I am not a big fan of trying out new skins, but I dowloaded this one for the heck of it and quite liked what I saw.

After a brief playing around I noticed that the mouse is not able to call the left slide in menus (took my a while to find skin settings Smile ) and shouldn't removing text with wide icons place them closer together to allow more wide icons in the area? (like in PM3.HD)

Also this skin seems to do stuff with some of my fanart PM3.HD does not, like rezising / stretching fanart of "nonstandard" size.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Homey Wrote:Hey Tomash
Are you sure about this:

"Already in the current version fanart will change when the song changes if you use the party mode feature when playing songs. Probably also when using smart playlists (I haven't tested this though)."

There's no way that changing fanart is visble in Party Mode ! I've used PM a gazillion times and I've never seen Fanart in there!

What version of XBMC are you using and how are you doing it?!!

H.
I am using SVN R20920. I just redid a test now and it works like a charm: First I created a Smart Playlist with Genre = "Alt. Rock". I set the playing order to random to really get the nice benefits from the fanart changing for each song. I then pressed "C" on the newly created smart playlist and selected "Play in Party Mode". I then opened a bottle conditioned ALE, sat down in the armchair and let this skin work its magic Wink

PS: I have all my music stored in seperate folders Artist - Album --> Songs, with a fanart.jpg file loaded into both the Artist and Album folders.

Hope this helps - let me know if you are able to get it working on your system!
Would it be possible to add Player Finish time to the DialogFullScreen.xml? (From the Skinning manual: "Player.FinishTime Time playing media will end")

Whenever you pull up info while playing a video, it shows the time the video will finish. I tried to use the code from the PM3 Sub Menus mod, but apparently the location isn't in the right spot and it wouldn't show.

Code:
<control type="label" id="1">
                    <posx>255</posx>
                    <posy>140</posy>
                    <width>280</width>
                    <height>25</height>
                    <label>[color=green]Finish Time[/color] : $INFO[Player.FinishTime]</label>
                    <align>Left</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <font>font11</font>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>

It's a really useful feature that can save the masses from doing the math to figure out when a video will be finished.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
bionic1234 Wrote:I was going to try something like this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=trailer

I haven't made up my mind i should add it to Transparency! but if you or anyone else wants to try it, open up MyVideoNav.xml and add the lines in bold:
Code:
<control type="button" id="611">
    <description>Fake Button to fix Player Controls Navigation</description>
    <onup>607</onup>
[b]    <ondown>612</ondown>[/b]
    <visible>false</visible>
</control>
[b]<control type="button" id="612">
    <description>Play Trailer</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>405</posy>
    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
    <label>20410</label>
    <onleft>50</onleft>
    <onright>50</onright>
    <onup>607</onup>
    <ondown>2</ondown>
    <onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</onclick>
    <enable>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)</enable>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-45" time="0" condition="!Control.IsVisible(99)">conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-45" time="0" condition="!Control.IsVisible(11)">conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,45" time="0" condition="Player.HasAudio | Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,45" time="0" condition="LastFM.RadioPlaying">Conditional</animation>
</control>[/b]
<control type="image">
    <posx>0</posx>
[b]    <posy>452</posy>[/b]
    <height>16</height>
    <texture>shadow-bottom.png</texture>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
canyonquest Wrote:Ronie, any chance you would you be willing to extend your "dirty hack" into the Program section as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrxVEv058w

Sure i will! Thanx for the nice vid! ;-)
Moseby99 Wrote:Ronie,

I downloaded the source files and played around with the Home Menu buttons to make them EVEN WIDER. What ever I do I can't seem to get them to display properly. I have been editing buttons for ever on other skins with no problems.

I have a request PLEASE.

I need the Home Menu buttons to be about 50 percent WIDER than the ones that you use for the "wider" buttons function.

I know that probably sounds weird, but my buttons have MULTIPLE labeling.

Something like Photos / Comic Books or MP3 Music / Audio Books.

I accomplish this using the Files, not Library method for certain things.

So my request is........ can you PLEASE make another set of Home Buttons that are 50 percent wider than the widest ones now. (Maybe a "Largest" button selection), AND Please enable "Files" for the Video Button. I found the TV/Movies selection and I use it now for those function in library mode.

SORRY for such a long post.

Transparacy Skin would be just about perfect for my uses if you could find the time to do both of these.

Filemode for Videos will be supported in the next version.
As for the even wider than wide buttons....maybe i can help you out with a few suggestions on how to do it yourself?

To get it to work you'll have to change a few <width> values in Home.xml
- change to width just below <control type="list" id="5040">
- change the width of <itemlayout height="50" width="251">
- change the width of <focusedlayout height="50" width="251">

Next change the width values of HomeButtonWide and HomeButtonLabelWide in includes.xml
Big Grin 
"PS: I have all my music stored in seperate folders Artist - Album --> Songs, with a fanart.jpg file loaded into both the Artist and Album folders"

LOL
I suspect that this has more to do with it than anything!!
I thought you meant that the fan art shows up without fanart.jpg in place.
Can anyone tell me where fanart is stored? I guess I could copy it and place it in each artist folder as you suggested.

btw.I just cant get the fanart to change - I followed all your steps and still nothing. Just how much Ale did you have to drink? Smile
sho Wrote:I am not a big fan of trying out new skins, but I dowloaded this one for the heck of it and quite liked what I saw.

After a brief playing around I noticed that the mouse is not able to call the left slide in menus (took my a while to find skin settings Smile )

lol, i've been wondering for quite some time why PM3.HD didn't fully hide the left menu in fanart view. in now realize it's just because of that.
i think i've found a way to make Transparency! more mouse compatible, so if it works ok, it's be supported in the next release.

sho Wrote:and shouldn't removing text with wide icons place them closer together to allow more wide icons in the area? (like in PM3.HD)

that's probably something i've overlooked. i only have a few TV Shows in my collection, so i never really noticed the difference.

sho Wrote:Also this skin seems to do stuff with some of my fanart PM3.HD does not, like rezising / stretching fanart of "nonstandard" size.

true, guess i'll have to take another look at it and see if there's a better way to respect the aspect ratio.

thanx for the feedback sho, all bug reports are appreciated. :-)
nicoli_k Wrote:Would it be possible to add Player Finish time to the DialogFullScreen.xml? (From the Skinning manual: "Player.FinishTime Time playing media will end")

Whenever you pull up info while playing a video, it shows the time the video will finish. I tried to use the code from the PM3 Sub Menus mod, but apparently the location isn't in the right spot and it wouldn't show.

Code:
<control type="label" id="1">
                    <posx>255</posx>
                    <posy>140</posy>
                    <width>280</width>
                    <height>25</height>
                    <label>[color=green]Finish Time[/color] : $INFO[Player.FinishTime]</label>
                    <align>Left</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <font>font11</font>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>

It's a really useful feature that can save the masses from doing the math to figure out when a video will be finished.

that wouldn't be too much of a problem. there's been a request for it before, so it's already on the list ;-)
ronie Wrote:Filemode for Videos will be supported in the next version.
As for the even wider than wide buttons....maybe i can help you out with a few suggestions on how to do it yourself?

To get it to work you'll have to change a few <width> values in Home.xml
- change to width just below <control type="list" id="5040">
- change the width of <itemlayout height="50" width="251">
- change the width of <focusedlayout height="50" width="251">

Next change the width values of HomeButtonWide and HomeButtonLabelWide in includes.xml

Thanks, I'll give that a try.....
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.275