[LIVE] booting problem
I've just started using XBMC (9.04.1) on a USB memory stick and it's splendid. However I'm pulling out my hair over a trivial problem:

It boots fine if I make a manual selection using a wireless keyboard (nvidia, item 0 in grub list).

However, if I allow grub to perform default selection the boot process gets to printing 'starting up' and hangs indefinitely.

Grub is set to select 0 for default selection. It doesn't seem to matter what timeout setting I go for, I can make this 60 seconds or 0 seconds and the same problem occurs.

Any thoughts as to what the difference is between making a manual selection and waiting for default? I need this box to boot without screen on, if possible.
that is a very nice and funny one... (sorry, it's always fun to read about these weird things that are perfect nonsenses nonetheless they happen!)
There is NO difference, so nothing to try except to connect a wired keyboard and repeat the process and make a safe more the default and see what's happening with the wireless keyboard and no intervention.
I've got some more data but you're not gonna like it...

Plugged in a wired keyboard and removed wireless keyboard USB dongle. Booted up, made manual selection in grub. Result: hanging.

Plugged in USB dongle, made manual selection in grub menu using wired keyboard, result: hanging

Left devices as per previous test, rebooted made selection using wireless keyboard, result: booted OK.

Conclusion: something about waking up my wireless keyboard permits XBMC to boot correctly. Any ideas? Seems a bit crazy to me....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] booting problem0