• 5(current)
Zotac IONITX-A Atom N330 Nvidia Ion?
@stogiesam88

the new revision works with usb-standby.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=359...stcount=22
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
br408408: did you have a look here : http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52328 ?

Matt
Laugh Hi, I have been using Xbmc time XbmcLive to win and now I am riding a machine with the ZOTAC 330, and this box will be my future I have in development, as the market itx I dislike.

Hey Guys,

I wanted to start a new tread but this section of the fourms do not allow this due to read only, and I don't think this is a XBMC problem.

I have my Zotac ION connected directly to my Sony Bravia KDL40Z4100 TV with HDMI. From my TV I connected the optical out to my Denon receiver. My Denon is older and does not have HDMI inputs. When I play any music or any video that is stereo I have no problems with sound on my TV or the Denon. When I play DD or DTS my TV sound is all white noise, but my Denon plays the audio fine. In the past when I used my desktop machine with a Asus EN9500GT with HDMI my TV would play the stereo and DD stuff and there would be no sound on the TV for DTS. Now my TV sound for surround stuff regardless of DD or DTS is white noise but my Denon plays everything great.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I tried the Zotac on 2 different sony TVs KDL40Z4100 and KDL40W3000 with the same problem. I install Windows XP and setup passthru with MPC and AC3filter and it works just like my desktop machine did with XBMC.

This wouldn't be a problem but my wife watches alot of downloaded TV shows that have DD and does not care to listen thru the Denon.
Guys...

I today connected my Zotac IONITX A Board (in a M350 Case) to my 7.1 Receiver (Denon). But unfortunately HDMI sound does not work. Can somebody point me in the right direction here? I think this is a common problem.
domi55 Wrote:Guys...

I today connected my Zotac IONITX A Board (in a M350 Case) to my 7.1 Receiver (Denon). But unfortunately HDMI sound does not work. Can somebody point me in the right direction here? I think this is a common problem.

Maybe you can track it down by plugging it into your TV. Then you know if it is the receiver or the Zotac that needs some loving.
Did you set these settings in your config file?

<audiodevice>hdmi</audiodevice>
<passthroughdevice>hdmi</passthroughdevice>

They work great for me on my Zotac ION N330-A-U.
Quote:<audiodevice>hdmi</audiodevice>
<passthroughdevice>hdmi</passthroughdevice>

Thanks. I changed my config file. Now sound over HDMI does work.

I have an additional question: What about the CPU fan. Will you guys change the 'default' zotac fan?
Hi all,

I took delivery of my N330 board yesterday and have been impressed with how easy it's been to set up XBMC running off a thumbdrive. I'm running the latest Live version with the new nVidia drivers.

A couple of queries:

1) Does anyone else get a fair bit of background noise on their analogue audio output? It only appears once XBMC comes up so I don't think it's purely electrical.

2) I've got HDMI audio working, but pure audio MP3s play too fast. I've hunted around the forums but can't find a definitive fix. Anyone else seen this?

3) Related to 2, with the audio output set to HDMI, 1080p video content (both audio and video) play too fast. I'm guessing that if I fix 2 it will also fix this?

Thanks. Any help would be most appreciated.

james

Edit: Actually I just found the solution to 2&3: use plug:hdmi not just hdmi. Post I read previously called it plg:hdmi which didn't work
I'm still a bit on the fence with ordering the atom 330 board. I am concerned that the processor is too weak to get through the other demands beyond playing 1080p.

Is there ANY lag at all when maneuvering through the skins?

If you're looking through pictures, does it stutter at all when changing slides?

Does anyone that has this board notice any performance faults whatsoever?

I am praying that it's all butter and I can order once newegg gets their shipment, but I just can't get over the feeling that I'll regret not spending the extra ~$20 and going for the 775/9300 version with an E5200.

Tell me I'm nuts Nod
Tstack, these are my concerns too! Despite the doubt about the processing power of ION board I'm also concerned about the power consumption of ION comparing to 775 cpu's. I've heard that the E7400 consumes up to 40W at most of the time..

I like the small boxes like the M350 or similar and that can only be achieved with Zotac Ion A board since 9300 board require much more power.
The small cases usually provide only up to 60W PSU which is not enough to power 9300 board + CPU. However, it is true that the stated TDP 65W is the consumption at full load and in real world this situation is rare.

Couple of days ago I was playing with Asus EEE PC (desktop) which is based on single core Atom. Win XP runs perfectly... but I didn't have a chance to try HD Flash video for which I've heard Atom cannot handle...

Well, I think if you will use Zotac Ion board for XBMC only and you will run it on linux, then the board is ok. If you plan to use windows then for now its more safe to go for 9300 since HW decoding on xbmc is not supported on win platform.

Anyway, in EU the board is currently unavailable and it seems it wont be for at least two more weeks...

Zotac owners, please post your experiences!
dr.Evol Wrote:I like the small boxes like the M350 or similar and that can only be achieved with Zotac Ion A board since 9300 board require much more power.
The small cases usually provide only up to 60W PSU which is not enough to power 9300 board + CPU. However, it is true that the stated TDP 65W is the consumption at full load and in real world this situation is rare.
Anzbody some experience on it.
I am looking to buy a Silverstone LC12 and this comes with a PSU with 60W. Will it be enough for the ION 330? If so, i could buy the Zotac 330 D, and save 20€
If not shure I go for the A-Version.
Frozone I think 60W is more than enough for Ion, the board will never go over 35W. But check the HDD and DVD power requirements but I think they require at max 10W each.
The problem is with 775 boards which can go over 100W in peaks.

The question is, whether the ION consumes less power at the same task as E5200. ION would be (due to its slow CPU) at much higher load than E5200 - that means that ION would be at say 80% CPU while E5200 would be much lower, say at 10%. The consumption of E5200 would therefore be at max 10W higher than ION.
30W and 40W is not that big difference anyway considering the much more "spare power" of Core Duo/ Pentium platforms.
Frozone, I checked the silverstone site and they also provide LC12 with 120W PSU!
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p...2&area=usa

However, I still think 60W is ok for ION, but 120W is perfect for Zotac 9300 + E5200. I think the price of Zotac 9300+E5200 is nearly the same as Ion Itx D... a hard decision for me..
dr.Evol Wrote:Frozone, I checked the silverstone site and they also provide LC12 with 120W PSU!
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p...2&area=usa

However, I still think 60W is ok for ION, but 120W is perfect for Zotac 9300 + E5200. I think the price of Zotac 9300+E5200 is nearly the same as Ion Itx D... a hard decision for me..

I know, but the Shop, where I want to buy, doesn´t offer the other PSU.
So I think Slim-DVD + Harddrive (1TB 3,5 or 500GB 2,5) + Board should be enough for the 60W PSU.

THX
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac IONITX-A Atom N330 Nvidia Ion?0