Bit Depth Issue
I have recently re-built my PC using the method posted here. Apart from installing the nvidia-glx-185 driver my system is completely clean as XBMC is my most commonly used and most important application so it comes first, obviously. I'm using xbmc 9.04.1 from the ppa.

Anyway, after starting xbmc for the first time from terminal I received the following error.

Code:
sh: xdpyinfo: not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/xbmc/FEH.py", line 172, in <module>
    if (badColorDepth()):
  File "/usr/share/xbmc/FEH.py", line 151, in badColorDepth
    return bitDepth
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'bitDepth' referenced before assignment

I checked the nvidia-settings and found I was using 24-bit colour depth which is the highest listed. I'm pretty sure 32-bit is just 24 with a few extra alpha channels.

XBMC fails to start on this error and I'm a little stumped. Can someone shed a little light on the error and perhaps offer a way to overcome it?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions
Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, Corsair TWINX-1024-3200, GeForce 9800GTX+, Windows 7
"sh: xdpyinfo: not found"

You need to install the package that has the xdpyinfo program.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the info Tslayer.

The package was in x11-utils for anyone else who may have the problem.
Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, Corsair TWINX-1024-3200, GeForce 9800GTX+, Windows 7
Thanks for this invaluable information. Got me out of a bind after installing the latest version of the nvidia drivers. This forum rocks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bit Depth Issue0