• 22(current)
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup?
I followed the steps in the post a while back to ENABLE 24Hz and remove the "X" cursor after suspend, wake. But nothing has changed, I can't get these things to work. I followed the instructions very carefully, and I've tried adding the line of code at the top of the 'section' and at the bottom (after the other lines). But nothing seems to work.

Tried this using:
Ubuntu 9.04 (running off CD)
XBMCLive 9.04.1
I mean no disrespect but you must be misinterpreting the instructions somehow.

[There is the possibility something has changed with the Ubuntu Live CD but I have not tried it with whatever the latest version is]

The changes will not be saved unless you do them through the file manager window that is created by running the gksudo nautilus command. Close any other open windows before running the command. The HWcursor goes under the "Device" section.
ripax Wrote:Yes, this works on my TV. Smile
But I have tryed this before, with no luck, but now I disconnected the S/PDIF cable, and it works..

And this work on my Souround system. WOW (trough the S/PDIF cable)
(I had to run the config with the alsa again, dont't know why?)

THANKS to both of youSmile

When you say it works with your Surround system by using S/DIF cable, does this mean that HDMI is also sending sound to your TVHuh

Reason for asking this is because I would like to be able to listen to my music through my amplifier without needing to have the TV on.
XBMC will be controlled by my Iphone.

At this moment I need to have my TV on to be able to listen to my music.
As you all now Plasma TV's do consume a lot of Watt's ,that's why I want to buy a optical cable.

But before I do this I need to be sure thet it can be done.

-when watching a movie sound goes to TV by HDMI
-when listen to music sounds goes to amp by optical cable (TV will be off)
seninha Wrote:When you say it works with your Surround system by using S/DIF cable, does this mean that HDMI is also sending sound to your TVHuh

Reason for asking this is because I would like to be able to listen to my music through my amplifier without needing to have the TV on.
XBMC will be controlled by my Iphone.

At this moment I need to have my TV on to be able to listen to my music.
As you all now Plasma TV's do consume a lot of Watt's ,that's why I want to buy a optical cable.

But before I do this I need to be sure thet it can be done.

-when watching a movie sound goes to TV by HDMI

same her i also want this to work
Quote:-when watching a movie sound goes to TV by HDMI

You can set this up with a .asoundrc file
Thanks for your answer.But is it possible to tell me HOW to do this?

I use XBMC live,and until now only thing I did was upgrading Nvida drivers.
This by using putty.exe from my XP desktop.

Would be nice if you can make some HOWTO.

Also need to know how to configurate XBMC itself.
Rightnow I have HDMI on my sound settings.
Can this stay like that or do I need to change it??
This may or may not be a ASRock specific problem.

For a while now I cannot get standby to work on my ASRock ION 330. Work sfine under Windows but in LINUX it initiates the standby but then just loads right back up kind of like you did a restart XBMC.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Kryspy
Quote:For a while now I cannot get standby to work on my ASRock ION 330.

With Ubuntu 9.04 on Asrock ION 330 it works fine out of the box. No hack or fix necessary.
Quote:Thanks for your answer.But is it possible to tell me HOW to do this?

I do not have the file avialble but it exists in the forum and on the google. The asound function route is used. I think the file also exists in the ALSA wiki.
Quote:This may or may not be a ASRock specific problem.

For a while now I cannot get standby to work on my ASRock ION 330. Work sfine under Windows but in LINUX it initiates the standby but then just loads right back up kind of like you did a restart XBMC.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Kryspy

I had to add the line described in this post:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...post377272
Does anyone know how to have audio over both optical and hdmi? I hate switching.
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
Hey everyone. XBMC Live newbie here with a question I can't find an answer to searching the forums. I'm having trouble with my network settings on my Asrock 330. I've managed to get local network to work using static IP, but not the Internet.

The contents of my /etc/network/interfaces:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth1

iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.0.172
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 191.168.0.1

The contents of my resolv.conf:

domain glocalnet.net
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 195.58.103.130
nameserver 213.150.135.210

Any ideas what's wrong? glocalnet.net is my ISP and 192.168.0.1 is my router.
This is related to xbmc how?

You should probably just use dynamic IP instead or proof read your setting and make sure you really want
Quote:gateway 191.168.0.1
vikjon0 Wrote:This is related to xbmc how?

You should probably just use dynamic IP instead or proof read your setting and make sure you really want

Thanks! It works now.

I believe I might win the "most usless post of the year award"! :confused2::confused2::confused2:

How could I miss that? Anyway, I posted here since I've followed the links and advice in this thread about using static IP to get XBMC Live working.
flxfxp Wrote:Does anyone know how to have audio over both optical and hdmi? I hate switching.

Hmm, I'd like to know that too. Is this even possible?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup?0