File system... eek!!
Please can someone take a couple of minutes to explain exactly where and how I get content into the TV shows section?
I have a bunch of videos in the videos folder and it's being picked up by the Videos blade but I've realised that some of them would be better suited to going into the TV Shows section because....they're TV shows!!
How do I get them in there? I can't see any directories called TV shows so where do I put them so that they will be visible in there?
Huh
go to the root folder of your tv shows. Pull up the context menu. Set Content. Set them as tv shows and pull the needed data from the internets.
Thanks!
I went to the root level:

KIds Vids
Movies
TV Shows

I selected TV shows, context menu and selected set content.

I then chose TV shows and the dialog box said "Downloading TV show information..."

After it finished, I launched the TV Show blade and it still had nothing in there!

What am I doing wrong??
Oops!
A program restart fixed it!
The only problem is that the TV Shows directory is still showing up in the Videos section too!!
Is there any way to get that directory out of there so it only appears in the TV Shows section?
Videos section is for file mode
TV show section is for library mode

I think you can hide videos section if you want to.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Videos section is for file mode
TV show section is for library mode

I think you can hide videos section if you want to.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means!
Enjoy
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/index.php?title...ine_Manual

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
OK, I get that, but when I'm in file mode (as opposed to the Library mode used in the TV Shows section), how do I hide the TV Shows folder?
I've looked in the manual and I can't find anything about hiding specific folders in File view.

Thx
Well, it's a files view; you see what's there!
I don't think you can, nor do I see the point of hiding folders in file mode...

You set up your library (content) using "Videos" (file mode) and when done, you get the content in its appropriate view (Movies / TV Shows). Once that's done, you really don't need the file mode anymore Big Grin
Aaaah, I see now!
I thought that the "Videos" area was somewhere you put stuff like home videos - like everyone has of their kids etc. That's why I was trying to get everything else out of it!!
"Videos" is probably not really the best name in the world for it then after all it's just a file view of all your video assets.

"You set up your library (content) using "Videos" (file mode) and when done, you get the content in its appropriate view (Movies / TV Shows). Once that's done, you really don't need the file mode anymore "

Thanks for the excellent, simple explanation Pinch, I finally get it now!!
Homey Wrote:"Videos" is probably not really the best name in the world for it then after all it's just a file view of all your video assets.
I'll drink to that Big Grin
... but once you get it, it's not that big of a deal Wink
You could try setting the properties for your tv shows folder to "hidden" in windows and make sure the option to show hidden files and folders in xbmc is turned off. I am not sure if this will affect library mode but it will hide that folder in "videos".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File system... eek!!0