Share recommendations, ratings & watched status - Social networking scrobbers in XBMC
Lightbulb 
Hey guys,

What do you think about Boxee? Seems like quite a cool idea the whole social aspect of it. PC version due 23rd June.. I realise boxee sprang from xbmc roots (right?), how interested do you think the devs are in looking at this social route of the media centre experience? Of course not to knock what's already been done, I prefer xbmc over any other media centre software going today..
Lightbulb 
Not sure if anyone has requested this before. Could not find anything similar on the forum...

How about this; let the user rate a movie from 1-10 after it ends and report the grade to themoviedb.org or thetvdb.org. That would make those online databases much nicer in my opinion, since I really miss accurate ratings on themoviedb.com (imdb usually have 10000 times more votes...)

Maybe a dialog looking something like this:
Code:
---------------------------------------------
||      *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  -  -       ||
||   |vote| |discard| |add-another-vote|   ||
---------------------------------------------

add-another-vote brings up the dialog again and lets everyone in the couch cast their votes.
Awesome Idea.

However this is sort of deviating from core XBMC functionality. I think this would be a great script akin to the OpenSubtitles one and integrated into the Skins.
Lightbulb 
I searched the forum but find nothing related to this. If it had been posted before, sorry.

It would be great to have a way to rate media and be able to send that information to TMDV or TTVDB. I have something like this in mind:
- go to setting and enter your username and password for the scrapper (like for last.fm)
- option to ask for rating when the media is over
- send the rating to sites
- have a "rate" option in the context menu

I don't know if this is possible technically but it would be a great way to give back more to the scrappers.
Lightbulb 
any way to build in function like boxee? Friends list and recommandations?
via scripts and skinning it's possible. there are a twitter and facebook script
I would be interested this as well. Even if there was an option just to override the scrapers rating and use my personal rating, so that when I sort by rating, my favorite movies would be up top.
Lightbulb 
i would love to see getglue integration for tv shows, movies and music...i would code it myself but i fail miserably at coding for xbmc.

is this just me, or would anyone else like this?

Getglue Homepage

Getglue API
I would really like to see a recommandation system.
Maybe if XBMC cooperate with whiwa.net
trakt.tv addon will have potential to do this features.

Currently just records what you are watching, but i understand they have spoke about these features in the future.
Lightbulb 
Hi, im one of the developers of http://www.mymediadb.org which is a newly released service for managing and cataloging movies(,series,music,books).

mymediadb aims to be a database of media metadata with a social and emotional aspect where users can catalogue their media experiences and share them with their friends through other social networks, like facebook and twitter.

I was hoping that someone would find it an interesting to develop a addon or xbmc feature to submit/sync media status to mymediadb.org. and start using our api.

an example addon could be that when a movie has been watched in xbmc, then this status is submitted to mymediadb.

Check out the api @ http://mymediadb.org/content/api.gsp

And also, any feedback, feature requests or whatnot is appreciated!
I would also like to mention that mymediadb was concieved with XBMC in mind, and much of the design is inspired by xbmc.

Our hope, is that third party solutions like media players and media center solutions (e.g XBMC) will use our API (http://mymediadb.org/content/api.gsp) and submit user actions performed on the movie/media in question. For eksample, when a person has watched a movie, then this movie would be marked as watched in our database. additionally the user can set statuses like Love it/Hate it (just to mention a few) in order to show their emotion toward the movie.

With this data, we hope to be able to give users things like movie suggestions based on historical data, something ala what last.fm is doing with it's music service.

I hope you guys will check it out, search for a movie or two, and hopefully register a user and help us with user feedback and feature requests.

http://www.mymediadb.org
netbrain Wrote:Hi, im one of the developers of http://www.mymediadb.org which is a newly released service for managing and cataloging movies(,series,music,books).

mymediadb aims to be a database of media metadata with a social and emotional aspect where users can catalogue their media experiences and share them with their friends through other social networks, like facebook and twitter.

I was hoping that someone would find it an interesting to develop a addon or xbmc feature to submit/sync media status to mymediadb.org. and start using our api.

an example addon could be that when a movie has been watched in xbmc, then this status is submitted to mymediadb.

Check out the api @ http://mymediadb.org/content/api.gsp

And also, any feedback, feature requests or whatnot is appreciated!

Yo Mate, i like your idea ... i've registered to your site ... it could be similar to Trakt.tv Plugin which is really interesting.
butchabay Wrote:Yo Mate, i like your idea ... i've registered to your site ... it could be similar to Trakt.tv Plugin which is really interesting.

A cool! this overlaps very well with what we are trying to achieve as well. Series is next in version 0.2. We could maybe join forces here? Do you use thetvdb.com for television data?
netbrain Wrote:A cool! this overlaps very well with what we are trying to achieve as well. Series is next in version 0.2. We could maybe join forces here? Do you use thetvdb.com for television data?

Yes i do ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share recommendations, ratings & watched status - Social networking scrobbers in XBMC1
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.