[MOD] Posters for TV Shows
You now can choose between 4 different versions:

Version 1: Standard TV Posters
Wraplist for tv shows + seasons, fixedlist for thumbs. The infopanel is the same all over the 3 different levels (on / off / trigger / auto).

Version 2: Fixedlist for seasons
Wraplist for tv shows, fixedlist for seasons + thumbs. It really annoyed me that it looked like I have hundreds of seasons when I only have 3 etc. The Infopanel is the same all over the 3 different levels (on / off / trigger / auto).

Version 3: Info only appears on season and episode level
My favorite Wink The infopanel only appears on season and episode level. So if you scroll through your tv shows you can enjoy the fullscreen fanart. If a tv show is selected and you get into season level, the infopanel appears and you can see the details about the show. (You have to set "Info: On")

Version 4: Like v3, but info only appears on episode level

Thanks to lx01 for the idea of the two wraplists.

If you have any problems or suggestions, feel free to ask.

Downloads:
Version 1: Standard TV Posters
Version 2: Fixedlist for seasons
Version 3: Info only appears in season and episode level
Version 4: Like v3, but info only appears at episodes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the changes I made:
File: Viewtype_Multiplex.xml
(Note that some things, like not just taking the standard movie wraplist for tv poster view or using the same arrows on the left and right could have been done different and easier (without adding new ones). But since my movie wraplist, and most likely some other ones, have other dimension etc. or are modded in some other way, I just added some new includes etc. for the tv show poster view. I took the rows from the original and unmodified Viewtype_Multiplex.xml file, so those will vary depending on the modifications in this file.)

Changes for info panel:
around row 402:

replace this
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(videotv) + Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [Control.IsVisible(109) | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvinfotrigger)]]</visible>

with that

for episodes only:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(videotv) + Container.Content(episodes) + Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [Control.IsVisible(109) | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvinfotrigger)]]</visible>

for seasons + episodes:
Code:
<visible>[[Skin.HasSetting(videotv) + Container.Content(episodes)] | [Skin.HasSetting(videotv) + Container.Content(seasons)]] + Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [Control.IsVisible(109) | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvinfotrigger)]]</visible>

New wraplist / poster dimensions for tv shows:
around row 646 / 663:

after this
Code:
    <include name="MultiplexTVVarsWrap">
        <posx>95</posx>
        <posy>528</posy>
        <width>1090</width>
        <height>300</height>    
    </include>
add this
Code:
    <include name="MultiplexTVPostersVarsWrap">
        <posx>60</posx>
        <posy>488</posy>
        <width>1160</width>
        <height>300</height>    
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexIconDimensionsTVPostersWrap">
        <posx>6</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>107</width>
        <height>165</height>    
        <fadetime>200</fadetime>
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexIconDimensionsTVPostersWrapReflect">
        <posx>6</posx>
        <posy>165</posy>
        <width>107</width>
        <height>165</height>
        <colordiffuse>56FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
        <fadetime>200</fadetime>            
    </include>

changed position of arrows:
around row 710:

replace this
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <posx>40</posx>
            <posy>567</posy>
            <width>33</width>
            <height>37</height>
            <texture>multiplex/multiplex_arrow2.png</texture>
            <include>Animation_HideMultiplex</include>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,-30" end="0,-30" time="0" condition="Container.Content(movies)">Conditional</animation>
        </control>

<control type="image">
            <posx>1207</posx>
            <posy>567</posy>
            <width>33</width>
            <height>37</height>
            <texture flipx="true">multiplex/multiplex_arrow2.png</texture>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,-30" end="0,-30" time="0" condition="Container.Content(movies)">Conditional</animation>            
        </control>
with that
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <posx>40</posx>
            <posy>567</posy>
            <width>33</width>
            <height>37</height>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
        </control>

<control type="image">
            <posx>1207</posx>
            <posy>567</posy>
            <width>33</width>
            <height>37</height>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
        </control>                    

<control type="image">
            <posx>18</posx>
            <posy>574</posy>
            <width>33</width>
            <height>37</height>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52) + Skin.HasSetting(videotv)</visible>
        </control>

<control type="image">
            <posx>1228</posx>
            <posy>574</posy>
            <width>33</width>
            <height>37</height>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52) + Skin.HasSetting(videotv)</visible>
        </control>

editing the wraplist / add new fixedlist:
around row 735:
Well, this one depends on what you want. So if you want to have wraplist for tv shows and seasons, or fixedlist for seasons etc. This one here is for "tv show wraplist" and "seasons + episodes fixedlist". For this I now have 3 different wrap/fixedlist, which are only visible at their specific level... not the prettiest solution, but it works fine Wink

row 738:
replace this:

Code:
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(videotv)">MultiplexTVVarsWrap</include>
with that
Code:
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(videotv)">MultiplexTVPostersVarsWrap</include>

row 747:
replace this:

Code:
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(videotv)">MultiplexFocusTV</include>
with that
Code:
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(videotv)">MultiplexFocusMovies</include>

row 749:
replace this:

Code:
            <visible>Window.IsActive(25)</visible>
with that
Code:
            <visible>Window.IsActive(25) + !Container.Content(episodes) + !Container.Content(seasons)</visible>

after this part (around row 814):
Code:
                    <include>MultiplexIconDimensionsWrapReflect</include>
                    <texture background="true" flipy="true" diffuse="multiplex/multiplex_maskreflect.png">defaultvideo.png</texture>
                    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
                    <info>ListItem.Icon</info>
                    <include>Animation_MultiplexFocusZoom</include>                    
                </control>                    
            </focusedlayout>
and in front of this part:
Code:
    <itemlayout width="219" height="300" condition="Skin.HasSetting(videotv)">
                <control type="image">
                    <include>MultiplexIconDimensionsTVWrap</include>
                    <texture diffuse="multiplex/multiplex_tvmask.png">common/black.png</texture>
                </control>
add this:
Link to Pastebin, since this thread would become too long ;-)

delete genre info below tv show title:
around row 1040
delete this part:
Code:
                <label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Genre][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                <include>ShowcaseDetailLabel</include>
                <visible>[Container.Content(tvshows)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="label" id="72">
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun Wink
nice, just the mod I have been waiting for. thanks
Now plz add banner mod for tv show...
AmitMa Wrote:Now plz add banner mod for tv show...

It's easy to see how the transition from Landscape to Portrait / Poster was possible with some great work from the modder...

But banners?... that's a significant mode that wouldn't easily fit into the existing layout. I'd like it too... but it should be obvious that it's too drastic a change to achieve with 'hacking' around the thumb dimensions!
my suggestion Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52195

although prolly a lot of work
pletopia Wrote:my suggestion Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52195

although prolly a lot of work

If my interpretation of your diagram is correct... you're looking at wide banners of two rows, each row offset to overlap (i.e. like bricks) ?

And the scrolling is horizontal?

And the navigation is horizontal and possibly vertically?

My guess is that it wouldn't be THAT hard.... but I don't have the skills to do it (yet). I'm just about to start from scratch.... absolute ZIP... on a skin (just to keep my mind occupied). I'm a former developer, but not ventured into XBMC skinning yet.

I'm convinced it wouldn't be much work.... I just think in general, AEON users are not wide banner fans, hence a lack of support to do it.
(Just my guess)
basically its a helix (like half a dna chain) ... so things scroll horizontally .. but also up and down the curves
I doubt it would actually look right in auriga, but i will reserve judgment untill i see a mod of this. ps i like the tv posters mod great workSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I forgot to include the Includes_Animations.xml which is necessary for current version since I've changed the animations for another mod. So the selected posters shouldn't zoom in at the moment. I'm currently updating this mod with some changes and will post the fixed link soon (where no new Includes_Animations.xml is needed) Wink

Edit: fixed Wink Just redownload one of the 3 versions from the first thread Smile
AWESOME. I've just switched back to Aeon to give it a go and this was the one thing that was out of place - especially given djh's great work making so many great posters for TV shows (especially the BBC ones).
Updated the first thread. Everything should work fine now (I hope Wink)
nice job .. really like the mod Smile

just a question ? whats teh point of having the info not appear at tv show level but appear at season level ?? as far as i can tell xbmc/thetvdb don't serve season specific info but rather general show info (ie each season will have the same plot info pop up for it)
pletopia Wrote:just a question ? whats teh point of having the info not appear at tv show level but appear at season level ?? as far as i can tell xbmc/thetvdb don't serve season specific info but rather general show info (ie each season will have the same plot info pop up for it)

I wanted to hide the infopanel while browsing through my tv shows to see the full fanart. But when I disabled it, it was disabled at season and episode level as well. And I wanted to see the thumbs and plot for the different episodes. I could have disabled the info panel for the seasons as well, but then there wouldn't have been the tv show plot / overview anymore.
So I disabled the panel only for the tv show level, and when someone is interested in the series, he can just press ok and get into season level, where he can see what the tv show is about Wink
And since there is no season info, it appeared very logical to show the infos in the season level Smile
But if you want to have it disabled in season level for example, I can upload a mod for this as well ^^
no thats kewl Smile

i use showcase for tv show and season level and multiplex for episode level currently

in a month i'm gonna be getting a new BIG tv (currently using my 24" monitor as my tv) and then i'll re-evaluate which views i like and make appropriate mods/changes to them

i like the bigger posters and coverflow of showcase so thats why i use it for most of my movie views (wall for all movies since showcase would be impractical for 1450+ movies) and tv root

well see how it all looks on a real 60"+ tv in the future Smile
whats the code that you changed specifically to this mod? I see this goes into the viewtype_multiplex xml and I have some other mods already in this xml and dont want to change them out. Also will this work with auriga version 2.1 or only with 2.11??

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Posters for TV Shows2