A few Queries
HI everyone,

I have recently downloaded the XBMC for my windows vista and must say this is by far the best media centre program i have ever used! A big thanks to everyone who was involved in creating it!!

I do have a few questions on how to do a few things though....

1. i have located my movies and tv shows on XBMC and changed my skin to the mediastream one as i like that the best but when i go to movies or tv show options they dont show anything in there...they all appear in the videos section?

2. I dont have internet at home atm (SHOCK HORROR I KNOW!!) reason for this is im in the middle of moving and staying at my releatives....so i dont have any of the covers or fan art etc for any of my movies.....if i ws to go to a friends house and connect to the net and get the fan art , case covers etc would it stay when i disconnect it from the internet

i knwo i must sound like a newb but i just trying to learn the program and use it as best i can!!

many thanks for all your help!!
1. The mediastream skin doesn't make this obvious, but those items are from library mode. First, scan your movies and tvshows into the library. Obviously you need a net connection for this.

2. Yes, once scanned the info is all local to your machine.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Welcome to the forums!

1) once you connect to the Internet and get the information on your movies and TV Shows, if you have "library mode" enabled, XBMC should categorize them as Movies or TV Shows. As of now, it doesn't know which are movies and which are shows, so it lumps them together in "videos'.

2) yes, it remembers the info and stores it in your userdata folder.

-Wes
ok thanks guys.....so basically i have to go into the settings and select "library mode" and once i have connected to the internet and it has found all the art work it will put them in catergories....will this work with downloaded movies/tvshows aswell??

thanks again
This would be a good start:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few Queries0