Compile problems
Sad 
I've been trying to compile for the last several days and this is driving me nuts....any help please? Confused

Ubuntu Jaunty 32-bit, 2.6.28-11-generic kernel
compile steps - svn up, ./configure, make -j2, sudo make install

returns the following -
Code:
caution: excluded filename not matched:  */Thumbs.db                    
Copying XBMC binary to /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1
have tried - make clean, make distclean, make reallyclean, also tried running make instead of make -j2

the last few lines of make before running make install
Code:
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libgoom2.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libgoom2.la" && ln -s "../libgoom2.la" "libgoom2.la" )
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/src'
Making all in xmms-goom
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/xmms-goom'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/xmms-goom'
Making all in sdl-goom
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/sdl-goom'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/sdl-goom'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -fPIC goom2k4-0/src/*.o -shared -g -O3 -fPIC -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o ../../../visualisations/Goom.vis Main.o      \
        `cat ../../cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper.def` \
        ../../cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom'

If there are any other logs I can put on Pastebin, let me know. Also, note that the SVN PPA installs fine.
try to make without -j2 option, because in some cases the output of make is not complete...

i build it this way everytime, and until now there are no problems building from svn
new system in the house...
put please the whole output of make to pastebin
new system in the house...
pico Wrote:try to make without -j2 option, because in some cases the output of make is not complete...

i build it this way everytime, and until now there are no problems building from svn
As I stated above, I've tried running make by itself. I've also never had this many problems trying to compile - a make clean or make distclean always fixed any issues.
*sigh* It's fixed now.
I dumped everything from the .ccache folder and re-ran the whole process and it compiled fine. Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile problems0