Show us your Auriga...Video Thread
MrTourettes

Nice setup can you help me on the emulator side of things I'm trying to get it to work but having trouble setting it up, I've got as far as setting up launcher and adding it to favourites but when I click on it it goes to the launcher screen but there are no items there to load? I've tried setting up a launchers.xml file and putting it in the correct place but still nothing. DId you create your own launchers.xml or did it do it automatically? If you did could you paste it here so I can understand it a little and adapt it for my use? And are you using vista 32bit as well?

Lots of questions! Cheers!
myanek05 Wrote:where did you get the video game artwork? is there a scraper out for Roms and emulators cause those seem like high quality images?

I just searched in google images and found covers there Smile

willcmuk Wrote:MrTourettes

Nice setup can you help me on the emulator side of things I'm trying to get it to work but having trouble setting it up, I've got as far as setting up launcher and adding it to favourites but when I click on it it goes to the launcher screen but there are no items there to load? I've tried setting up a launchers.xml file and putting it in the correct place but still nothing. DId you create your own launchers.xml or did it do it automatically? If you did could you paste it here so I can understand it a little and adapt it for my use? And are you using vista 32bit as well?

Lots of questions! Cheers!

When I installed launcher it gave me option to use for normal app of emulation so I selected emulation. I was then asked to enter path for emulator .exe and then the path for roms.

I just made sure all my roms were in that path and it loaded them fine.

this is the settings.xml in my launcher dir

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<settings>
    <setting id="thumbs_path" value="C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon_Mod\media\emulation\" />
    <setting id="search_engine" value="Yahoo" />
</settings>

and this is launchers.xml

Code:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <name>N64</name>
        <application>C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Project64.exe</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath>H:\emulation\roms\n64\</rompath>
        <romext>z64</romext>
        <thumb>C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon_Mod\media\emulation\n64.jpg</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>Banjo to kazooie no daibouken (j) [!]</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\n64\Banjo to Kazooie no Daibouken (J) [!].z64</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Banjo-kazooie (e) (m3) [!]</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\n64\Banjo-Kazooie (E) (M3) [!].z64</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <name>MegaDrive</name>
        <application>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\megadrive\Fusion.exe</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\</rompath>
        <romext>zip</romext>
        <thumb>C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon_Mod\media\emulation\megadrive.jpg</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>Sonic 3</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\sonic 3.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Aladdin</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\aladdin.zip</filename>
                <thumb>C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon_Mod\media\emulation\aladdin.jpg</thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Sonic the hedgehog</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\sonic the hedgehog.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Ghouls n ghosts</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\ghouls n ghosts.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Golden axe</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\Golden Axe.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Street fighter 2 sce</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\Street Fighter 2 SCE.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Smash tv</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\smash tv.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Altered beast</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\Altered Beast.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Sonic 2 knuckles</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\sonic 2 knuckles.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Sonic 3 knuckles</name>
                <filename>H:\emulation\roms\megadrive\sonic 3 knuckles.zip</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
</launchers>
Here's mine

Pretty standard install really with the Aeon Mod by Hitcher.

- Used some custom gold stars for the music ratings
- Blue watched tick from black's night mod
- Iplayer, metacritic and Launcher plugins
- Meedio integration for additional libraries such as Music singles, and stand up comedy DVDs
- I don't show it but I also use zoomplayer to play all media as I like the OSD better

The video animation and speed is very slow due to my CPU being overpowered by the capping software but you get the point.
zag2me Wrote:Here's mine

Pretty standard install really with the Aeon Mod by Hitcher.

- Used some custom gold stars for the music ratings
- Blue watched tick from black's night mod
- Iplayer, metacritic and Launcher plugins
- Meedio integration for additional libraries such as Music singles, and stand up comedy DVDs
- I don't show it but I also use zoomplayer to play all media as I like the OSD better

The video animation and speed is very slow due to my CPU being overpowered by the capping software but you get the point.

Looks cool. Love the photo backdrop you are using in main menu of the camera... Care to share Smile
http://www.htbackdrops.com/categories.ph...=13&page=6
This is all well and good assuming you have don't have a family/life etc (no offence)

But it must be hours of work there. It took me an hour to piss around finding the icons for my few TV shows until I realised that life is too short for all this.

I do love XBMC and indeed this particular skin, no doubt the future holds even more automation, but my right now there is a lot of onus on the patience of the user. Perhaps it was always supposed to be this way?
garyi Wrote:This is all well and good assuming you have don't have a family/life etc (no offence)

But it must be hours of work there. It took me an hour to piss around finding the icons for my few TV shows until I realised that life is too short for all this.

I do love XBMC and indeed this particular skin, no doubt the future holds even more automation, but my right now there is a lot of onus on the patience of the user. Perhaps it was always supposed to be this way?

No offence taken but I will say..

I have a family...3 kids in fact and I spend over 10 hours a day working ( I write computer software for a living ). On top of that I do have a life ( playing in a band and playing sports ).

So dont take offence to this but maybe its not a time consuming thing but maybe its down to you not having patients.

O and just to point out.. Finding icons and images for shows, movies etc....just use mip lol took me 5 minutes to get images for all tv shows.
Yea I am trying very hard with Media Info Plus real hard. I finally got it to load my music, took about forty minutes, got perhaps 6 fanart back drops before it crashed again, and I just thought why? Why do this to yourself gary? Another forty minutes to load the music for what, probably another crash.

I have the movies bit sorted because lets face it, its dead easy, the icons for the tv shows was not the end of the world but I only have around 10 tv shows anyhow. The music thing I have given up on completely in order to get a library worth looking at its going to take weeks and weeks of labour, and you are right I don't have the patience.

And lets not even think about those games, probably fair to say you didn't 'purchase them' so theres a load of time on torrent sites pissing around getting the things to work etc etc. Oh the humanity!

Fair enough to you though, you had the patience.
MrTourettes
You mentioned you've got the emulators to load in full screen so it's seamless how did you do that when the <args> section is empty. How do I get Fusion (megadrive emulator) to launch in fullscreen do I use the <args> section? (to get it into fullscreen once fusion has loaded I press escape so do I simply put Esc in the <args> section?)
willcmuk Wrote:MrTourettes
You mentioned you've got the emulators to load in full screen so it's seamless how did you do that when the <args> section is empty. How do I get Fusion (megadrive emulator) to launch in fullscreen do I use the <args> section? (to get it into fullscreen once fusion has loaded I press escape so do I simply put Esc in the <args> section?)

Right there is a slight problem with it being completely seemless. I have Fusion going into fullscreen when it has loaded but there is a split second between when xbmc minimizes and fusion goes full screen.

What I have done to account for this is have my windows backdrop solid black Smile Basically my media rig boots straight into xbmc anyway so I do not need the windows background shown ever so by having this solid black and no icons on there you do not actually notice the swap between xbmc and fusion Wink
garyi Wrote:Yea I am trying very hard with Media Info Plus real hard. I finally got it to load my music, took about forty minutes, got perhaps 6 fanart back drops before it crashed again, and I just thought why? Why do this to yourself gary? Another forty minutes to load the music for what, probably another crash.

I have the movies bit sorted because lets face it, its dead easy, the icons for the tv shows was not the end of the world but I only have around 10 tv shows anyhow. The music thing I have given up on completely in order to get a library worth looking at its going to take weeks and weeks of labour, and you are right I don't have the patience.

And lets not even think about those games, probably fair to say you didn't 'purchase them' so theres a load of time on torrent sites pissing around getting the things to work etc etc. Oh the humanity!

Fair enough to you though, you had the patience.

I think the problem for you at the moment is you are starting out with a huge library.

For myself all my media is already sorted. Everytime I change my xbmc setup I just import my already sorted media and its there with no hassle.

If you start with nothing and just add a few films, a few tv shows and a few music albums it would take you minutes. If lets say each week you BOUGHT yourself a new game or a new music cd etc and ripped it it would be in your library in seconds because not a lot to do.. So you see for me updating my media is painless and takes no time at all.

To create a foundation with a LOT of media you have to put effort into it. Basically if you want good results you needto spend some times yes.

I might be able to sugest something to help you here though..

Music... I have about a tb of music on my file server and I still have not got it all into my xbmc library. Reason is I will only add probably 10-20 ablums a week when I can be bothered. I do not use MIP for my music I do it myself.

Basically all I do for my music is this..

- New band I dont have in library..
- Find fanart for that band ( google search ) grab resize etc to 1920 / 1080 and save as fanart.jpg in bands dir.
- Find poster image for band ( google search ) a smaller image and resize to 512x512

- Use Album Art Downloader to find album art for new album.. Save album art as folder.jpg in the album root.

- xbmc...update music library

it will take about 2 minutes to add an album. Yes I know initially its a pain if you have a large collection but the end results are worth it because once its done you never have to do it again.
Thanks for the advice Mt Tourettes. I have had a lot of issues with the music import though. For instance I did all the 'A's Artists, in my music library. Each of the artists has a jpg for the artist and all the album artwork. I got XBMC to import it (for the first time) and only about 20% of the info comes in. The onus is then on me to manual link to thumbs and artwork. It would take me weeks and weeks. And the trouble is for all the effort finding the artwork, if XBMC does not 'see' it I have more weeks of messing around trying to manually link.

Haha.
Who knows, one day someone might come up with something for me.
MrTourettes Wrote:Right there is a slight problem with it being completely seemless. I have Fusion going into fullscreen when it has loaded but there is a split second between when xbmc minimizes and fusion goes full screen.

What I have done to account for this is have my windows backdrop solid black Smile Basically my media rig boots straight into xbmc anyway so I do not need the windows background shown ever so by having this solid black and no icons on there you do not actually notice the swap between xbmc and fusion Wink

Cool made my background black, but can't get fusion to go into fullscreen always windowed - what do I need to do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show us your Auriga...Video Thread1