Playing Internet Radio Stream in XBMC?
Question 
Can xbmc play this radio stream?
http://radiotime.com/station/s_31729/KBIF_900.aspx

I can't make this stream work with xbmc.
shameless bump

someone please help
I couldn't play it, you could probably use an external player, it says vlc plays their streams, and maybe windows mediaplayer (or open a browser window from xbmc)
when i click listen, it pops up a window and doesn't start playing since it needs silverlight and i don't have it installed. There is a play anyway link that I clicked and a download for a listen.stream file popped up. downloaded that, edited with a text editor, you bascially want to remove everything in the file except for the mms: address. Like this:

mms://64.92.199.79/KBIF-AM

That should be all that's left in the file, just save the changes, rename the file to <anything>.strm and it might work for you. You just need to add the folder with the file as a source. It buffers then plays for me on windows 7.
Silverxxx and badmoviesandbeer I want a thank both of you for replying.

Silverxxx how do I use a external player in xbmc. Maybe I am overlooking this setting.

Badmoviesandbeer I basically took this "mms://64.92.199.79/KBIF-AM"
pasted it into notepad and saved it as kbif.strm. I did get vlc to play the file. It takes about 5 minutes before it starts.
I just got a get it working with xbmc.
If it is an mmsh (mms over http) it will not work.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Badmovieandbeer, thanks bro! It works like a charm. I set the cache in xbmc to off and it plays within 20-30 secs after selecting the file.

Thanks again.
Are there any radio streams that work with XBMC for Linux? Just one would be nice... Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Internet Radio Stream in XBMC?0