Random Slideshow...not possible??
I've spent a little time getting to know the Media Stream skin but I just cant figure out how it's possible to do a randomised slideshow in it. A 'normal' slideshow which runs through the pictures sequentially is possible by hitting the Play button on my MCE remote but no matter what I do (including clicking the Randomise button from the flyout on the right) all I get is a standard slideshow. I definitely remember the Contextual menu on some of the other skins having a Slideshow, a Recursive Slideshow and Random options but I can't find that on MediaSkin anywhere at all.
Is this something that isn't possible at the moment?

Using the pictures in Screensaver mode does seem to randomise images but you then lose the ability to zoom in and out etc.
Homey Wrote:I've spent a little time getting to know the Media Stream skin but I just cant figure out how it's possible to do a randomised slideshow in it. A 'normal' slideshow which runs through the pictures sequentially is possible by hitting the Play button on my MCE remote but no matter what I do (including clicking the Randomise button from the flyout on the right) all I get is a standard slideshow. I definitely remember the Contextual menu on some of the other skins having a Slideshow, a Recursive Slideshow and Random options but I can't find that on MediaSkin anywhere at all.
Is this something that isn't possible at the moment?

Using the pictures in Screensaver mode does seem to randomise images but you then lose the ability to zoom in and out etc.

Umm.. i think if you load PM3 and setup the screensaver as a slideshow and hit the random button.. then switch back to mediastream that it will work..
Numus Wrote:Umm.. i think if you load PM3 and setup the screensaver as a slideshow and hit the random button.. then switch back to mediastream that it will work..

That works in MS anyway - the screensaver seems to be able to do random slideshows in MS, it's just the actual slideshow doesn't seem to do it!
Huh
Homey Wrote:That works in MS anyway - the screensaver seems to be able to do random slideshows in MS, it's just the actual slideshow doesn't seem to do it!
Huh

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You mean in the picture view tab...
Sorry i have never actually used the picture view tab and assumed you were talking about the screensaver slideshow...

Hmm....
In each view there's a "View Menu" that slides out with different settings and options on it. I don't use a MCE remote so I'm not sure how it would work with that but using the right arrow key at the right edge of the screen opens it for me.

When in the "Picture View" the view menu will have a button to toggle "Random" before you run your slide show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Slideshow...not possible??0