XBMC wont "output stereo to all speakers"
Hi all, can't seem to get xbmc to output 2.1 music or videos to all speakers. My setup is just using the onboard soundcard of my htpc/retired desktop

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)

I'm using a set of logitech x-540s with it, which just use the 3 3.5mm audio jacks to provide the 6channels. Soldered it all up last night and they're a pretty great set of speakers for the price for anyone in the market. Speaker-test works fine, and 5.1 media plays great.

I've tried with the audio settings in xbmc set to either "Digital" or "Analogue" , under analogue the option to output to stereo is greyed out, 5.1 still works under either though.

Running latest svn, compiled say....6hours ago? Under a minimal debian 5 install.

thanks guys
bump, same issue with ubuntu jaunty. Using precompiled build
Please search. The output stereo to all speakers has been covered.

The short: "Only works on xbox".

I think you can use a customer .asoundrc or something to accomplish this. Search google.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi Tslayer,

Was trying to PM you, but for some reason couldn't for the life of me find out where to do that from!

I've been searching frantically for some help getting vista and xbmc to network together. Spent the good part of the last 2 days, with NO LUCK.

Based on your reputation, I figured you'd likely be able to at least point me in the right direction.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread btw.

I'm currently running the most recent version of xbmc i could get my hands on. I've got the orig. xbox. and my vista version is 64 bit home premium.

I can see my computer in the sbm network folder in xbmc, but when i click on it nothing happens. I can also see my XP computer in the same list, and can easily browse, move files/watch movies etc.

I've tried so many thing... i just don't know where to turn.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
thec0wboy Wrote:I'm currently running the most recent version of xbmc i could get my hands on. I've got the orig. xbox. and my vista version is 64 bit home premium.

well, then maybe you should just have opened a thread in the Xbox XBMC subforum.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I guess that would have made sense. I was really just trying to get ahold of tslayer directly after failing with the private message thing.

Sorry

Should I try to move this over there?
thec0wboy Wrote:Should I try to move this over there?

yeah, go ahead, show us your awesome moderator superpowers Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
hehe... posted new thread.

feel free to remove my questions here!
ah alright. I did search just to clarify, but I couldn't turn anything up...a custom .asoundrc will apply to all media so its not really an option. I could probably write a python script to switch .asoundrc files and reset the sound subsystem. But thats an ugly hack....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wont "output stereo to all speakers"0