[WINDOWS] What's wrong with my building process? (plugins not included)
I've been building for quite some time and always had this problem. Well, not always, a few months ago it was fixed but I recall that a few changes were made to build process...

Here's the whole output:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------
Found a previous Compiled WIN32 EXE!
[1] a NEW EXE will be compiled for the BUILD_WIN32
[2] existing EXE will be updated (quick mode compile) for the BUILD_WIN32
Compile a new EXE? [1/2]:2
Wait while preparing the build.
Compiling Solution...
Done!
Copying files...
Compiling skins...
Compiling PM3.HD...
Copying files...
[color=black][b]File Not Found[/b][/color]
Compiling scripts...
[b]File Not Found[/b]
Compiling plugins...
[b]The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the file specified.[/b]
Build Succeeded!
Generating installer includes...
Creating installer XBMCSetup-Rev21114.exe...
Done!
Setup is located at C:\Users\MediaCenter\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\X
BMC\linuxport\project\Win32BuildSetup\XBMCSetup-Rev21114.exe
See the bold stuff? Why do I get all those errors? I'm sure the "file not found" is different from the "the system cannot find the file specified" and I want to understand both of them but the later one is more important...

It's more important because I have added "SVN Repo Installer" (directly from it's SVN) to the "Add_plugins\Programs" folder inside "Win32BuildSetup" folder and the generated setup file still doesn't include the plugin... What's wrong with that?

All my batch files are updated with XBMC source and are not changed. Actually, the skins one is, to remove the Project Mayehm III skin from being included but I don't think that will mess the inclusion of plugins.

So, what's wrong here?
Anyone?
Why are you so impatient in every one of your threads? I'd think that after 427 posts you'd have heard "please wait 24hrs before bumping your own posts with no new information" enough times to chill out.
As you probably might know scripts and plugins aren't part of the linuxbranch. The build script is for the devs convenience to easily add scripts and plugins to the main build. To include it you have to copy the desired plugins/scripts to XBMC\project\Win32BuildSetup\Add_plugins and E:\Coding\Windows\xbmc_linuxport\XBMC\project\Win32BuildSetup\Add_scripts. You see the word "Add" in the name?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
althekiller Wrote:Why are you so impatient in every one of your threads? I'd think that after 427 posts you'd have heard "please wait 24hrs before bumping your own posts with no new information" enough times to chill out.

Long story short (Firefox just messed my reply), I see lots of devs participating and helping a lot in these forums in a lot of threads but I for one, almost never get answers. If they come to the forums and reply to others why can't I reply to me too? That's I bump the topic, so it doesn't get forgotten and left behind. Some times I wait weeks and still don't get a single reply, I have a topic about volume that I created almost a week ago and a dev hasn't yet responded and I'm sure most of the devs know how to answer me and would take just a couple of minutes to do so.

WiSo Wrote:As you probably might know scripts and plugins aren't part of the linuxbranch. The build script is for the devs convenience to easily add scripts and plugins to the main build. To include it you have to copy the desired plugins/scripts to XBMC\project\Win32BuildSetup\Add_plugins and E:\Coding\Windows\xbmc_linuxport\XBMC\project\Win32BuildSetup\Add_scripts. You see the word "Add" in the name?

That's exactly what I did as I stated in the first topic that's why I don't understand why it's not working.

Nazgulled Wrote:It's more important because I have added "SVN Repo Installer" (directly from it's SVN) to the "Add_plugins\Programs" folder inside "Win32BuildSetup" folder and the generated setup file still doesn't include the plugin...
You waited the 9hrs that over half of the team is asleep. Wait 24hrs in the future to give everyone a chance to see the thread.
Well, one thing that I forgot to type again when Firefox messed it up was that I though I created this topic more than the hours that had indeed passed. I'm sorry for that but I really though it had passed more than 24hrs. I must have confused with a different topic and I didn't notice the post time.

Anyway, you replied me twice but didn't answer my questions... Tongue Maybe you are not the "windows guy", just wondering not trying to imply that you must help me, but if you have any ideas, I would appreciate them, I already said I was sorry.
wiso's answer isn't good enough?
You guys are not reading what I'm typing right? Or maybe you're playing with me... Tongue

I'm gonna quote myself again:
Nazgulled Wrote:(...)I have added "SVN Repo Installer" (directly from it's SVN) to the "Add_plugins\Programs" folder inside "Win32BuildSetup" folder and the generated setup file still doesn't include the plugin...

I already did what WiSo suggested, I did it before even creating this topic. Actually, that's how I was doing it in the past and it was working, it isn't anymore for some reason...
my bad. half an eye looking, half a brain active...
Adding a folder containing the plugins should be sufficient.

Code:
SET pluginpath=%CD%\Add_plugins
I'm not sure if %CD% takes the value of where you run the .bat, or the location of the .bat itself. Just to be sure, run it directly from the Win32BuildSetup folder.

Can't imagine why else it wouldn't work.

TheUni
Nazgulled Wrote:It's more important because I have added "SVN Repo Installer" (directly from it's SVN) to the "Add_plugins\Programs" folder inside "Win32BuildSetup" folder and the generated setup file still doesn't include the plugin... What's wrong with that?

I must have over read that Cool
I do exactly the same and it works like it is described in the included readme. Where do you look for the plugins? They have to be in the BUILD_WIN32 folder. After default installation they're in %appdata%\xbmc\plugins and not in the installation directory.
Seems that you have to debug the script to see what's going wrong.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I found the root cause...

The batch files are not prepared for directories with spaces, at least for the local plugins, scripts and skins. I use the default VS2008 projects folder which is "\%username%\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects".

Anyway, I don't know if this is the best way but here's a patch to see how I fixed. It's a patch in case you want to add it to the source.

http://gist.github.com/132237
Thanks for the patch. Applied in r21151.
Glad I could help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] What's wrong with my building process? (plugins not included)0