Get DVD-Video disc DVDid and then scrape metadata info and artwork online for it?
Quote:well you install whs version or server or client.
thats what I mean which version? all my media is in WHS my everyday machine is a Vista laptop and my XBMC machine is a Mac, besides what will MyMovies will do for me all my media is in .mkv am using MIP(Media Info Plus)

Quote:How to do it is a secret so you need to reverse engineer MS' code
I didn't know that was secret, is in their MSDN
I will try to make a sample C app. to get the id I know a little C
Code:
IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
if you have a WHS then use the WHS version Smile
MyMovies will automate and give you better results than MIP (at least when I compared them back then). MIP even wasted all my own NFO's. MyMovies does not do that.

MSDN contains the source code for the GetDiscID function? Remember XBMC is crossplatform so Windows only is not very nice (I will use Ubuntu on a ION soon)
Quote:MSDN contains the source code for the GetDiscID function?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...S.85).aspx
well it have the C/ C++ code to make it work.

Quote:if you have a WHS then use the WHS version
so thats include a client program to control it or you configure the version that is install in WHS?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven: What ultrabrutal is trying to say is that the GetDiscId function you refer to there is a Windows API call.

This means that it cannot be used on the other platforms that XBMC runs on.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok now I get it the solution would be find out how IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID calculate the crc64 id so you dont have to use the windows API

Dont know if this is the same http://code.activestate.com/recipes/259177/
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven, far from Smile I have seen the code (am programmer myself) and it does a whole lot more than that
ultrabrutal Wrote:reaven, far from Smile I have seen the code (am programmer myself) and it does a whole lot more than that

well am out of ideas then ....Sad

anyway why
Code:
System.DVDLabel
is not working? is that just for the xbox ?

at least with that most of the time you get the movie title.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven, like I said... It might be possible to use the reverse engineered code if we ask for permission, however you need to get a developer interested and then I'll work on getting the code needed for discid on all platforms
ultrabrutal Wrote:reaven, like I said... It might be possible to use the reverse engineered code if we ask for permission, however you need to get a developer interested and then I'll work on getting the code needed for discid on all platforms

permission from who? Microsoft... that would be fun!

you mean an XBMC developer..I can make a feature request ticket in trac maybe that would get the attention of the developers, and you could let them know you can make that possible, maybe comment it in the request. I will make the request and post the ticket here so you can go to the page and commented.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
anyway here it is.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6800
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Permission from the guy who reverse engineered the Microsoft code and asked not to pass it on. I have the code in my possession!
ultrabrutal Wrote:Permission from the guy who reverse engineered the Microsoft code and asked not to pass it on. I have the code in my possession!

mhhhhhhhh...we are getting somewhere then...if you know the guy well ask him by all means !!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ultrabrutal, does the reversed source require a dvd/iso or can it generate the crc64 based on the contents of teh VIDEO_TS folder?
ultrabrutal Wrote:dvdxml is charging $20 for a user account plus their data is obtained in an illegal way I'm told, so it's probably not the best way to go.

This is most incorrect. The DVDID's on the site are user contributed. Where would we find DVDIDs to steal from if we are the largest DVDID database? That's just silly. Proper credit is also given for meta data sources and several Microsoft employees regularly use and contribute to DVDxml.com.

Quote:ultrabrutal, does the reversed source require a dvd/iso or can it generate the crc64 based on the contents of teh VIDEO_TS folder?
I'm not Ultrabrutal, but I can answer this for you. The CRC64 data requires the ORIGINAL DVD. If you have a copied, burned, ISO'd or ripped DVD, it changes the CRC64. You MUST have the original disc.
msbob Wrote:ultrabrutal, does the reversed source require a dvd/iso or can it generate the crc64 based on the contents of teh VIDEO_TS folder?

Well, CRC is calculated from stuff like file datetime and content of some of the files. So if these are kept intact you can do it without the original disc.
Now, some of these files can be encrypted with CSS and therefore give you a wrong checksum, if CSS has been removed from your files, but afaik mymovies gets by this by having multiple discid's and it's own algorithm for this.
So mymovies recognizes your backup's too - and so could XBMC, if mymovies webservice is used. I know this because I tested with both DVD and Blu-ray backup's I had done

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get DVD-Video disc DVDid and then scrape metadata info and artwork online for it?1