New here and first I want to say: THANKS GUYS!
Hello Everyone!

Just found xbmc two days ago and I am stunned! - I want to thank everyone involved for putting this great piece of software together!

I started ages ago with mplayer and lirc, since I always felt I needed a dedicated remote-controlled device to play my video-collection and not "a computer" with all it's litle problems.

For years I built new mplayer-boxes but they could never really satisfy me. For the last years I was looking for a simple tool to grab imdb-info based on my film titles and simply rename my files to contain at least some meta-information: NoGo! Sad

Since Blue-Ray came out I tought my mplayer-box vdpau just to loose the menu for Blue-Ray content wich was very frustrating..

So finally I stumbled across xbmc and it does it alltogether! First I was very sceptic, since I came across quite some software that claimed to be a HTPC wich didn't work fluent or at all. So I installed xbmc and practically /everything/ works out of the box! And it looks good, has all the bells and whistles but isn't bloated at all!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! - At the moment I am retrieving covers and meta-information for 700 movies, making my movie-collection all shiny and new and fun to browse again!

If someone could please point me to a possibility to donate 50 €, I will happily transfer that money to the community to contribute what I can. Since it is already clear that I will use xbmc from now on, I want to give something of me to help it stay alive and develop on. I would have bought it, if it was a commercial product, since I am really convinced!

To bad, I am not a programmer, it would be great fun to take part in this project, I am sure!

Best regards,
Nico
Glad you enjoy using XBMC as much as we do.
Donations are always welcome: http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Best
DonJ
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Only Credit Cards or Payal. Both things, I don't have/use.. Sad Isn't there any bank-account I could just transfer to?
Nico: first of all welcome, secondly.. there are lots of other areas not involving programming.. translating plugins/script/xbmc into yout native lanugage (if other than english), help out with the wiki.. try and answer (know it's not easy when you are new) questions on the forum..
((( atom ))) Wrote:Only Credit Cards or Payal. Both things, I don't have/use.. Sad Isn't there any bank-account I could just transfer to?

You need to register at paypal, it´s free. then you can transfer the money to a bank account.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
@blittan: Yeah, I already offered my help with Linux-Tag, since I live in Berlin and have a car and work on my own (meaning I organize my own time).

@temmi: I once had a paypal account connected with an email-adress wich is no longer existent. I tried several times to update to my new data (mail, address and bank-account) but never really suceeded. Creating a new account is not possible due to my Name being already registered. it was never really important to me, so I didn't put a lot of work in it.. I might try and solve it once more.. I should do it, anway..
Loads of ways one can contribute:
http://xbmc.org/contribute/

Welcome to the community! Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New here and first I want to say: THANKS GUYS!0