Creating and modifying skins on Linux?
I was searching this forum for some info on how to modify/create skin and according to this post, first we need xdk and visualstudio.net then you download the source of "xbmctex" and compile it. So, there is no option for Linux ( or any non-windows, in question) users?
Thanks in advance. cheers!!!
MacUsers Wrote:I was searching this forum for some info on how to modify/create skin and according to this post, first we need xdk and visualstudio.net then you download the source of "xbmctex" and compile it. So, there is no option for Linux ( or any non-windows, in question) users?
Thanks in advance. cheers!!!

nowadays there's a precompiled windows version available, so no need to have xdk & visualstudio.net anymore.
if you want a linux version, just download xbmc from svn and compile. you'll find xbmctex in the tools subdirectory.
i wouldn't recommend it though, i've been experiencing some issues with it.
more info here
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:nowadays there's a precompiled windows version available, so no need to have xdk & visualstudio.net anymore.
For the future reference, where can I get that recompiled windows version - from svn? Cheers!!!
MacUsers Wrote:For the future reference, where can I get that recompiled windows version - from svn? Cheers!!!

Check the link in my previous post. It's a sticky, so it will probably stay around for a while.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating and modifying skins on Linux?0