Video Scraping Info
If I select the "Use Folder Names" option when setting my movie content, will this conflict with any media flagging functionality? I understand that media flagging is still being perfected, but this is the scenario I am hoping for:

The Dark Knight (2008)
- The.Dark.Knight.1080p.BluRay.x264-HD1080.mkv

I like keeping my folders clean and organized (as well as ideal for an imdb search string) while maintaining the original "scene" filename of the actual movie file (which should also contain the few strings needed for source media flagging.) With the "Use Folder Names" option selected, will XBMC use the folder name to scrape the movie from imdb (or TheMovieDB) but still pull the codec and source flags from the video codec and filename?
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
XBMC does not support "flags by filename". This is AEON (and others?) only. XBMCs media flagging is done via analyzing the video file.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ah, good to know. I knew that the new tagging functionality worked by pulling the codec information, but for some reason I thought it pulled the "source" information as well. Guess that's just Aeon (and other skins) for the time being.

That being said, I guess my original question still stands for these kinds of skins. Will XBMC scrape the movie with the folder name, while the skin pulls certain strings from the actual file name?
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Scraping Info0