• 25(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
nevermind, i just turned the mouse off
reaven Wrote:all depends how you tag your albums.. example

artist:Ministry of Sound
Album names:Annual 2010 Disc 1 and Annual 2010 Disc 2
cdArt file names : ministry of sound-Annual 2010 Disc 1.png and ministry of sound-Annual 2010 Disc 2.png

of course this example works if your albums tags have the same album name and artist name as here.

I'm having this same problem too
though my mp3's are tagged a bit differently

album artist: Putumayo World Music
album name: Putumayo Presents French Cafe
artist: Some French guy
title: Some French song
etc..

I would like to have a cd art called "Putumayo World Music-Putumayo Presents French Cafe.png"
But this isn't working for me Sad
can it take the artist info from Album Artist instead of Album tag?
I noticed when I was playing a cd, during one of the songs the background went away since it was a song featuring another artist.
a2wistd2 Wrote:can it take the artist info from Album Artist instead of Album tag?
I noticed when I was playing a cd, during one of the songs the background went away since it was a song featuring another artist.

I'm not sure about this, because all my albums that are not compilations, usually have the Album Artist field empty. (Perhaps it can look at the Album Artist field first, and if none is found, resort to the track artist for the CDart)
I got cdArt working, it's a great tool - but I cannot get aeon/cdArt to show the fanart picture in the background - as in the screenshot of the first post of this thread. Do I need to install a special visualization?

(my Setup ist actual xbmc svn release, actual aeon auriga.)
a2wistd2 Wrote:can it take the artist info from Album Artist instead of Album tag?

I faced the same problem today and found a way around it.
First i made a bunch of new folders like "Huey Lewis & The News" and put the Back To The Future.png in it.
But that wasn't too pretty cause of the flashing background as it was moving from one folder to another to get the fanart.
Now i do it like this:

If you have compilations or a album with various artists (like the soundtrack from back to the future):
Move the artist name down to the song title like shown on the screenshot.
Then choose for example "Various Artists" or as i did Alan Silvestri (since he's the main composer) as the artist.

Or if you have a featuring artist do it like this:

Artist: Queen
Title: Under Pressure (feat. David Bowie)
reaven Wrote:you cut too much, you should left the center transparent plastic.
As a matter of fact, I noticed that the scripts automatically removes the center based on the CD layout. If I may suggest, this is not a good idea, since this is causing issue with the vinyls(!). Yes there are still vinyls out there! I indeed spent the evening creating vinyl layouts for the Underground Resistance series, and this looks a bit weird in XBMC because the hole is too big. I did spend the time to cut the small hole in the center of the vinyl, for what it's worth. The PNGs are on their way to xbmcstuff right now, in case somebody is interested.

V.
pretty good for vinyl !!! good work !
BarryAllen Wrote:If you have compilations or a album with various artists (like the soundtrack from back to the future):
Move the artist name down to the song title like shown on the screenshot.
Then choose for example "Various Artists" or as i did Alan Silvestri (since he's the main composer) as the artist.
Thanks for suggesting it, but that's quite drastic to retag the media in order to display the proper disk. I also vote for the logic to be based on album artist and not artist (as the disc is for the whole album anyway...).

V.
V-Turn Wrote:I also vote for the logic to be based on album artist and not artist (as the disc is for the whole album anyway...).
V.
And to motivate the developers, I started to put some more covers on xbmcstuff : the Hed Kandi label. Look at "World Series Brazil"! Wink

V.
I posted some of those suggestions in trac (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7303).

V.
Rapidshare gives an error ....
Is there an alternative downloadlink availableHuh
Sorry in advanced for the complete newb questions. This mod is amazing I have the spinning cds working and it adds such an authentic touch to the now playing screen. I can't however no matter what I do get the fanarts to work. I just get a black screen when the vizulisation is set to none.

Do I have to do anything with the download on the first page to get the fanarts to work? The fanarts are stored as fanart.jpg in my artist directory and not my Skin directory - is that correct?

Any help appreciated!
I believe this mod still uses the fanart stored in \media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Artist Name. I still cannot figure out how to get it to work from the actual source folder even after reading all the modifications....
Ram2000 Wrote:I believe this mod still uses the fanart stored in \media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Artist Name. I still cannot figure out how to get it to work from the actual source folder even after reading all the modifications....
So it would be "\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Kanye West.jpg"? or a seperate folder. I'm confused as I have tried that and still a blank screen.

Bit of a drawback if it can't read from the source folder but I think it is worth it.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2