• 5(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
theophile Wrote:Do we have spinning code available yet or is it still being tested?

is still been tested.

is that an LP ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:is that an LP ?

me thinks it's an apple.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
reaven Wrote:is still been tested.
OK. I'm using the code you posted earlier in the thread. It's actually working pretty good, only problem is that the cdart appears on a layer above the cover art. But the spinning looks real good.

Quote:is that an LP ?

It is. It's the A side of Abbey Road. The Apple image should be immediately recognizable as The Beatles' record label. I decided to replicate the LP rather than the CD because my Abbey Road album is actually an LP rip. Since it worked out pretty good, I've been making LP clones for all my older albums that were originally released on vinyl. With the spinning code, it actually looks extremely good since the spinning image rotates at a rate close to 33.3 RPM, which is how the original LPs would have looked while playing.

I'm not a skinner, but I've considered playing around with the code to see if I could get the record to slide out of the album jacket and onto a turntable. Anyway, if others are interested in the LPs, I'll post more as I make them.
Quote:OK. I'm using the code you posted earlier in the thread. It's actually working pretty good, only problem is that the cdart appears on a layer above the cover art. But the spinning looks real good.
that why I said its been tested, but that can be fix by moving the code above the cover code.

Quote:It is. It's the A side of Abbey Road. The Apple image should be immediately recognizable as The Beatles' record label. I decided to replicate the LP rather than the CD because my Abbey Road album is actually an LP rip.

the problem would be that the background shade is black, I can post a white shade if you want to but that would implies changing the font color of all the elements of the cd info.

Quote:With the spinning code, it actually looks extremely good since the spinning image rotates at a rate close to 33.3 RPM, which is how the original LPs would have looked while playing.

hahaha, do you imagine the animation rotating at 250rpm, I code it that slow so you can view the cdArt if it wasn't for that there wont be any point in using the real cd art.

---------
I almost have 70 cdArt edited ready to upload
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I downloaded the fixed version of the cdArt you posted earlier but I still get the same problem. That rounded shape isn't cut out correctly from the cover where the cdArt is transparent. This happens for all the cdArts I created. Maybe I cut out too much of the center circle again Undecided
Maybe you can double check them before uploading them to your gallery:

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
the only one from there that I already have in the gallery is james blunt-back to bedlam, you can check the gallery too before make them so you dont make it again..

I will look into the center cut again but most of the time is because the center is cut too big and the mask dont cover it.

also it would be better if you make them at least 400x400 that way you save space and anyway the cdArt would be resize to 270
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:the problem would be that the background shade is black, I can post a white shade if you want to but that would implies changing the font color of all the elements of the cd info.
Actually, it looks fine as-is. I made a video showing a couple in action. Lemme know what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf7zy14OM6Y
it looks nice, the disc its just too much to the right thought but nice.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:the only one from there that I already have in the gallery is james blunt-back to bedlam, you can check the gallery too before make them so you dont make it again..

I will look into the center cut again but most of the time is because the center is cut too big and the mask dont cover it.

also it would be better if you make them at least 400x400 that way you save space and anyway the cdArt would be resize to 270

I checked your gallery but as the images don't have a title which tells me something about Artist/Band and Album title it isn't very obvious what is already there and what isn't.

Ah then I misunderstood that. I thought the cdArt should be 400x400 or bigger, that's why I made them that big. But I can resize them as soon as I get back home.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
every cdArt is named like this " artist/band name - album name " is easier if you use the RSS feed http://feed93.photobucket.com/albums/l66...t/feed.rss

you can use any size you want but is would be lost HDD space since the usable size is 270 i said 400 so the quality is not lost and you get the best image quality dont matter if 720p or 1080p.

------------
71 album upload so far!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
What program are you using to create these disc images, and do you have any type of template that others could use to just drop a disc image onto and have the correct cutouts and tranparency?
I just load the images in Photoshop, switch to Mask mode, get a circle brush with black color, tweak it's radius so it fits the size of the CD and apply it onto it. Then I switch the color to white, adjust the radius so it fits the cutout hole in the center of the CD and apply it.
Then I switch back to normal mode and everything except the CD is marked so I can just press Delete and I'm left with the CD only. Then maybe crop the image so that there is no free space around it and resize it a bit.

But I don't really have a template. Always takes me a minute to adjust the radius so it really fits the CD image I got.
Wow.

1. new transparent document 400 x 400
2. open the cd image resize it to fit in the new document
3. use the elliptical marquee tool (with shift pressed)to make a perfect circle on the cd and then in the menu select - > inverse, deleted (sometimes the magic wand works to select the outside, but leave the corners dirty and with noise).
4. the same step 3 for the center (dont cut too much)
5. menu image -> trim (enter)
6. save as .png (artist/band - album name.png)
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
163 cdArt ready and uploaded to the gallery !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Just got this working. This is fun. ;-)
Really waiting for the spinning, that would be super. And a default fallback icon... I have 1500 albums, and I'm not gonna make art for all of them. ;-) )
Joy In Repitition
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2