Video upscaling question...
First I just want to thank the developers for an awesome skin. I have a question regarding the video upscaling options. First under settings/video/player there is an option to perform software upscaling using bicubic/lanczos/etc. Then if one plays a movie you can hit the menu options and bring up a different screen that lets you modify video parameters including bilinear/next neighbor/bicubic. My question is why are their two different locations for these settings and which one has priority?

Ie if I set /settings/video/player to use software upscaling with lanczos does that then override the settings when playing a movie and selecting bicubic?

thanks
ummm .. i think your in the wrong section

this is subforum is about aeon specifically .. for other inqueries .. search the forum
Could someone clarify for me a question regarding the options for video upscaling. First under Settings/Video/Player there is an option to perform high quality software video upscaling. I enabled this and selected lanczos.

However when I then play a movie and hit the menu button and select the video options it does not show lanczos as an option and only shows bilinear/bicubic/next neighbor. Why are there two different locations to change the video upscaling method and which one has priority?

thanks
Moving to general XBMC forum...
uncertainty Wrote:First under settings/video/player there is an option to perform software upscaling using bicubic/lanczos/etc.
This is the setting to apply to all videos (i.e. the default).

uncertainty Wrote:Then if one plays a movie you can hit the menu options and bring up a different screen that lets you modify video parameters including bilinear/next neighbor/bicubic.

This is the setting for the video you are currently. So you can have a default setting, but specific settings for different videos (and the settings are saved and used next time you watch the same video.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...+upscaling
One thread per topic please...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video upscaling question...0