• 6(current)
Is this advanced Home Screen View Mod function idea possible in XBMC Skinning-Engine?
Jezz_X Wrote:I find it odd that you you have multi movies not finished on the go :\ and would want to display that sort of info

Well, It might be just me but as my wife and I watch different TV series sometimes we've got them partially watched as we share some other TV series. Also, having a baby sometimes makes you watch a movie in several chapters (I think my record is 5 or so) Laugh Laugh Laugh

In any case, there are not more than 2 or 3 at the same time. I just think it'd be very handy to have them easily accessible in the home view. My idea was to mix series and movies in the same place.

regards,
Hello, all.
I am trying to come up with a workaround for the lack of auto resume.

Basically, my idea would be for the "Latest Movies/TV/Music" menu to take you to the corresponding library entry in the "My Movies/TV/Music" window. That way seems a little more user-friendly to me... plus it solves the auto resume problem and just makes more sense for Music Albums.

Unfortunately I can't work out how to do this! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am guessing it would be something like...

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles/$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.ID)],return)</onclick>

Alternatively, if there is a way to set and pass variables in XBMC via skin commands then I might be able to sort it out that way...

Please help - I'm so close to wrapping this up!

Smile

Dan
Very good idea Dan! It'll be a nice workaround while the auto-resume is changed in XBMC...
auto-resume was "changed" in r21341
spiff Wrote:auto-resume was "changed" in r21341

Thanks spiff,

I see that it *always* resumes, even if you're settings are to be asked. Any way to add this functionality. I've created a patch (you can see it in this post but maybe the best thing is to do it from within the skin though...

regards!
this is what happens when you don't express yourself precisely enough. yes, that can be done, i just figured it was not what you wanted since everybody said auto resume.
spiff Wrote:this is what happens when you don't express yourself precisely enough. yes, that can be done, i just figured it was not what you wanted since everybody said auto resume.

Well sorry for not being very specific spiff, what I'm thinking is that the best thing will be that the "resume" parameter of PlayMedia() can be "no","yes", "ask" so skins can set it from the global settings or forced depending on the situation... what do you think? My patch only used the global settings but didn't like it at all anyways... Big Grin

regards,
yes, that's the way i'd do it, although i'd use blank (no), resume (yes) and ask. it needs some code refactoring, but surely doable. no idea when i will have the time to look at it again though
spiff Wrote:yes, that's the way i'd do it, although i'd use blank (no), resume (yes) and ask. it needs some code refactoring, but surely doable. no idea when i will have the time to look at it again though

Thanks spiff, take your time. Let me know if I can be of any help ...
spiff Wrote:yes, that's the way i'd do it, although i'd use blank (no), resume (yes) and ask. it needs some code refactoring, but surely doable. no idea when i will have the time to look at it again though

It needs to use the same code as the current one in settings does ie: open the context menu to ask depending on whats set Smile
If anyone wants to work on it, the functionality really has to go directly in whatever PlayMedia() uses. I suspect this is sitting in CUtil::ExecBuiltIn(), but it might also be somewhere in the applicationmessenger. I wouldn't bother with an additional parameter for the function - just use the autoresume settings that are already there.

What you will need to watch for is where you put it - you don't want it directly in CApplication:TonguelayFile() as you don't want it popping up in a playlist etc.

The current code for it is likely somewhere in GUIWindowVideoBase.cpp.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:If anyone wants to work on it, the functionality really has to go directly in whatever PlayMedia() uses. I suspect this is sitting in CUtil::ExecBuiltIn(), but it might also be somewhere in the applicationmessenger. I wouldn't bother with an additional parameter for the function - just use the autoresume settings that are already there.

What you will need to watch for is where you put it - you don't want it directly in CApplication:TonguelayFile() as you don't want it popping up in a playlist etc.

The current code for it is likely somewhere in GUIWindowVideoBase.cpp.

Hi Jonathan,

The PlayMedia() code is indeed in CUtil and the current code asking for resume is in GUIWIndowVideoBase as you said. My first try (see this post) did change CApplicacion:TonguelayFile() as I didn't thought at all on playlists.. Confused

If anyone tells me how to get the current window control (to get the position coordinates to show the resume context menu) from within CUtil::ExecBuiltIn() and where to put the new shared coded between PlayMedia() and
GUIWindowVideoBase::OnResumeItem() (or if we should just copy it) I think I can give it a try and provide a patch some dev can look at. Right now my first attempt just used a fixed coordinate position... Smile

regards,
Current coordinates can be fetched either from the window class or by grabbing the focused control and then going from there. Take a look at how the context menu does it (eg context menu from favourites dialog for example). I know the mediawindow's context menu gets info from the current list.

As for where to put the resume stuff, that's a bit tricky. Perhaps the best option would be to do an IsVideo() then call a static function in GUIWindowVideoBase? That way OnResumeItem() can hopefully be hooked up to use the same call.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

dt1000 Wrote:Hello, all.
I am trying to come up with a workaround for the lack of auto resume.

Basically, my idea would be for the "Latest Movies/TV/Music" menu to take you to the corresponding library entry in the "My Movies/TV/Music" window. That way seems a little more user-friendly to me... plus it solves the auto resume problem and just makes more sense for Music Albums.

Unfortunately I can't work out how to do this! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am guessing it would be something like...

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles/$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.ID)],return)</onclick>

Alternatively, if there is a way to set and pass variables in XBMC via skin commands then I might be able to sort it out that way...

Please help - I'm so close to wrapping this up!

Smile

Dan

Any suggestions for making the "Latest" buttons take you directly to the movie in the library view (as opposed to just playing it)?

I got the variable passing all working OK (although it was a bit of a fudge), but I can't seem to control the main list.

I tried putting a button on the Movies page to see if I could make the list jump to a specific entry...
Code:
<onclick>control.setfocus(50,4)</onclick>
...but it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. Sad
changed the script, should improve speed for recently added music.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this advanced Home Screen View Mod function idea possible in XBMC Skinning-Engine?1