Linux?
Hello all,

I've recently installed XBMC (pre-9.10 r21174) on Ubuntu Intrepid, and was wondering if you would be able to help me. When I open video files, the video starts a few seconds before the audio, and then slows down dramatically for several seconds while the audio catches up with the picture. Is there a way to buffer the audio before video playback starts to avoid this, or another way?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike
Gontofe,

Welcome to the forums! You are on the right track with some of the information that you have provided in your post, but in order for us to be more helpful we are going to need some more information. Take a look at this post so you can know what kind of information we are looking for. It might seem like a lot to ask (especially if you are new to computers or linux) but do your best and we will do our best to be of help if we can.

Sincerely,
Bahndit
Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid
Kernel: 2.6.27-14-generic
Architecture: i686
Install method: SVN compiled from source
Log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/203064/

Not sure if I can give you any more info, please tell me if you need more!

I just got this log by opening XBMC and running a sample video, it's the same with any video as far as I can tell (I've tried local and streaming).

Mike
Bump
Looks like your file is wonky in the first place (container says frame rate is 30k, it should probably be 30). So we're just assuming the timestamps are correct. I doubt there is much that can be done about that aside from reencoding the file. You might try disabling pulseaudio, it tends to introduce a fair amount of delay into the audio stream with zero benefits. Lastly, if you want you topic to get attention, I'd suggest a slightly more descriptive title than "Linux?". I personally don't even bother clicking on stupidly named topics in general (you caught me in an especially bored state).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux?0