[LIVE] Keeping XBMC Live up-to-date with latest XBMC for Linux PPA or SVN builds?
Question 
Well like usual I get it running 100% with no flaws and I see what I can do to break it.

What would be the best way to keep the live ver up to date? Last night I attempted to overwrite the folder w/ a precompiled linux build and all hell broke lose and no no matter how I try to upgrade it wont work at all.

I searched and found a few tutorials but all end with a few people saying it dont work at all now for them.

Any help will be great as I am formatting the box to start fresh again today.
The PPA. For XBMC Live it's in one of the files apt/sources.list.d/, enable it and update. The SVN PPA is updated frequently but not as frequently as accessing the SVN and compiling in a manual fashion.
b00sted4fun Wrote:Any help will be great as I am formatting the box to start fresh again today.

do yourself a favor and use the XBMCbuntu guide; as far as I understand it, XBMC live is only meant to be updated via sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, and this will only work once the Live 9.04.2 is released.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
You shouldn't be using the SVN PPA if you CBA to have problems on occasion. It is just an SVN snap shot, no testing, no checks at all. SVN is in constant flux and there are reasonably good odds you'll get an unusably buggy build from time to time. Stick with the stable PPA on your heavy use machines unless you NEED some fix in an SVN build. Even then, don't just update it for no reason, keep what works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Keeping XBMC Live up-to-date with latest XBMC for Linux PPA or SVN builds?0