vista 64 + radeon + XBMC = fatal error?
**SOLVED**

Hi

after installation i am getting following message
"XBMC Fatal Error
MS default Opengl drivers detected. Please get Opengl drivers from your video card vendor"

System
windows vista 64 premium /sp2
cpu: intel qx9650
motherboard maximus extreme
ram 6gb
gfx card : Asus radeon 3870x2 (catalyst 9.6 [latest]Laugh)

Basicly i just downloaded and installed XBMC (XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2) and at the first run it gives message writen above.

Log : http://pastebin.com/m7c0ee6ef

I have tried reinstalling both video card drivers and XBMC and still get that fatal error.... any succestionsHuh?

***Solved***

After uninstalling drivers i searched every folder containing name ATI, deleted them and uninstalled drivers from device manager. After reinstalling ati drivers, opengl drivers started to work.

*note just uninstalling drivers with atiConfused manager wont delete everyfile!!!

I wanted to edit the thread name to indicate that problem has been solved but editing thread name seems to be forbidden
You might want to check through device manager and make sure that your gfx card is using the correct driver as your debug log shows that XBMC thinks that it is using a generic MS one. I'm inclined to believe XBMC on this one.
Thx for the reply...

i went to my device manager ->dislplay adapters and opened the Ati radeon HD 3870 X2. pressed driver tab and it says "Driver provider Ati technologies inc. dated to 15.5.2009 and driver version is 8.620.0.0.
Oh nevermind i just tried to run doom3 and it also said there is something wrong with opengl. Well i quess problem is in ati drivers. Damn i installed those drivers 5 times (also tried different versions). Thx for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vista 64 + radeon + XBMC = fatal error?0