• 10(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
I just got done building and trying out a brand new build from the "test" branch of the SVN. One thing that should be noted: even with the "extract meta data" option turned OFF, this build is still "aware" of media flags. This means if you use something like the Ember Media Manager to put your flag info into NFO files, they will be read and display just fine on the Xbox Smile This is my preferred method since its much faster / easier to scan once and then have it just be in the NFO.

Just my 2 cents, and thank you so much for your work on making this branch. Its awesome Smile
Catchy Signature Here
Ok nice, I also use .nfo files but without streamdetails.

Had already in mind to recsrape new .nfo files for all my media files.

And will add the streamdetails !!!

Thanx for the info SleepyP
Arnova,

I’ve played around with the Test branch a few weeks back and all seemed to work but continue to use the truck in general. I know from your past posts that you’ve been busy and I’ve seen the slowdown in SVN activity but have you or do you plan to roll these mods back into the truck? Also do you plan to merge alcoheca's TV mods into the XBOX branch? (when finished)

I understand that memory limitation is a real concern but I’m hoping that there is some room left in the XBE for these features. XBOX is the perfect platform for XBMC and hopefully you can figure a way to extend its life until something else economical can replace it.

Hate to throw these questions at you but you seem to be the primary person merging the new feature and fixes into the truck. I think most of the people including myself are deeply indebted to you and the team – Thank you all for your time and effort over the years, much appreciated.
To begin with: it's truNk not truck ;-)

The TV stuff will most likely never make it into trunk. And for the flagging stuff: it's still not stable/reliable enough to got into trunk, and I still doubt it will ever be....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
(Dam spell check - that's what I get for blindly clicking while drinking coffee Smile )

Thanks for the prompt reply - I was presuming that was going to be the case on both counts. I'll stick with the truNk for now for stability and be grateful for whatever you can implement.

That said, I guess it's time to pick up an iTv box or re-attempt a full media computer in the living room.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
arnova Wrote:And for the flagging stuff: it's still not stable/reliable enough to got into trunk, and I still doubt it will ever be....

Would you consider porting just the part that reads from the <streamdetails> section of an .nfo file? That way the extraction not working well enough doesn't keep people willing to use an external program that correctly extracts and writes to the .nfo file from using tags and such in whatever future skins come out....
Rad_ Wrote:Would you consider porting just the part that reads from the <streamdetails> section of an .nfo file? That way the extraction not working well enough doesn't keep people willing to use an external program that correctly extracts and writes to the .nfo file from using tags and such in whatever future skins come out....

yeah that would be a cool idea, then you can let a program like MIP do the hard work and let xbmc just display the flags from the nfo...

i second this great idea!
Well, that's another problem I need to look into: the db upgrade doesn't work properly when creating the streamdetails table. This is certainly something I need to fix/figure out first before I even consider merging stuff from this to trunk.
arnova Wrote:Well, that's another problem I need to look into: the db upgrade doesn't work properly when creating the streamdetails table. This is certainly something I need to fix/figure out first before I even consider merging stuff from this to trunk.

Oh, sorry.... I had thought the database side was working fine and held back by the poor extraction of details, and this would be essentially a copy/paste job from the patch. Of course it's not as easy as that, though. Why would things be easy?

Best of luck to you, and thanks a million times for all the work you continue to do for the Xbox....
Kilack Wrote:yeah that would be a cool idea, then you can let a program like MIP do the hard work and let xbmc just display the flags from the nfo...

i second this great idea!

I also think it is a very good option, not just because of the obvious advantages (less time/hungs on xbox, easiest sharing of the work among different clients, easier implementation), also it allows users/software tools to tweak the flags as needed in any particular installation.
Good news: I'm currently merging this stuff to trunk(Xbox main branch). Only thing I'm disabling is the thumb/background reader extracting the flags/autothumbs since it just doesn't work properly on Xbox. This is probably something we should insert somewhere else, like when calling "Info" on a (single) movie. Any ideas on this are welcome ofc...
Hi Arnova,

great stuff!! thanks a lot..
So... what exactly are you adding? all the functionality? ie it will scan the media and extract the data? or just the ability to read the stream data from an .nfo?

(either is great with me as I use external programs to get this data anyway)

thanks again for the work on this and everything else on the xbox! Smile
For now only the ability to read stream data from the db and all other stuff and as I were saying: nothing that needs to be done in the background by ie. the thumbloader (please re-read my comment above)....
OK thanks, was just clarifying Smile

Can anyone recommend a lightweight skin to take advantage of this? that will be ok with a database that has about 10,000 entries? pm3 doesn't support this does it?

Is this flagging going to consume much extra memory?
Sweeeeeet! - thanks Arnova! really appreciate your Xbox skills!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0