• 11(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
Mooi man Big Grin

Really need to update my .nfo files with <streamdetails>.

Btw didn't test it, but Media Companion uses <fileinfo>.
Does xbmc reconize this tag also Huh
Kilack Wrote:OK thanks, was just clarifying Smile

Can anyone recommend a lightweight skin to take advantage of this? that will be ok with a database that has about 10,000 entries? pm3 doesn't support this does it?

Is this flagging going to consume much extra memory?

Nope it hardly uses more memory simply because of the way I implemented it (without the background stuff)

Waffa Wrote:Mooi man Big Grin

Zeker ;-)

Waffa Wrote:Btw didn't test it, but Media Companion uses <fileinfo>.
Does xbmc reconize this tag also Huh
No idea...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
This may be a silly question, but...

Why is the metadata scan tied to the library views instead not done on rescan or an 'idle background task' (as much so as the xbox can do anyway)?
Maybe this is a silly question too but... on today's build (23078) what is the diferences between the xbox and the xbox patched builds?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
the xbox patched build still has thumb/flag extraction enabled in the background thumbloader. Furthermore there is no difference considering this.

And yes we could hook the flagscan to a library (re)scan or something but we need to do some more thinking about this first....
Gonna install it as soon as i get home.
Many thanks arnova for your hard work.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Kilack Wrote:OK thanks, was just clarifying Smile

Can anyone recommend a lightweight skin to take advantage of this? that will be ok with a database that has about 10,000 entries? pm3 doesn't support this does it?

Is this flagging going to consume much extra memory?

I'm pretty sure PM3HD has this ability. I seem to remember the code when I was updating PMIII Fanart. (Jezz_X if your out there can you confirm this) I never added it to the last build of PMIII Fanart though. The last build I did was using the background scanner. So if I am getting this right the Xbox version is just going to read the NFO (videodb) stream info and display the flags?
Yes many thanks for your work Big Grin
I will try it too ...
Big Grin 
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT WORK!

I want to try it as soon as it is ready!

Cheers! Big Grin
Working very good, only had to rescan.

What svn was this added to? just want to make sure i have the correct one before t delete my library etc Smile

nevermind, definitely the latest has it off the nightly builds. Works great.

I just have to find a skin that it works well with.
pm3.5 doesnt seem to show flags in tv views
nor does pm3hd

transparency does but doesn't seem to handle the size of my collection very well and is slow....
what skins are you guys using on the xbox with this new feature?
I'd really love to see the original pm3 updated to display the flags, fastest skin and nice and simple, basic..
I would like to add it to PMIII Fanart,but I need to know how it was implemented for the xbox. The last build I did was with the background scanner. Thanks!
arnova Wrote:This is probably something we should insert somewhere else, like when calling "Info" on a (single) movie. Any ideas on this are welcome ofc...

Yes, this seems to be the best solution for the Xbox.

Just to clarify. What info needs to be in my nfo's in order for the newer xbox builds to show media tags and which offline media manager can do this? I'm running Rapier and with a patched xbox build I am able to extract all media tags without any issues. When I switch to the newer build and rescan my library I'm not getting any tags to show up. I'm thinking this has something to do with my scraper or the info in my nfo's. I've tried scraping a movie from scratch using xbmc as well as using a media manager to create an nfo and cant seem to get this working ? Please help.
The problem is that the library from the previously "patched" builds are not compatible with the current SVN version. For advanced users(!): you could fix this by using a program like sqlitespy to bump the version number to 33 AND manually create the "sets table" with these commands:
Code:
CREATE TABLE sets ( idSet integer primary key, strSet text)
      CREATE TABLE setlinkmovie ( idSet integer, idMovie integer)
      CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_setlinkmovie_1 ON setlinkmovie ( idSet, idMovie)
      CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_setlinkmovie_2 ON setlinkmovie ( idMovie, idSet)
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0