• 13(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
xbs08 Wrote:JUST FOUND THAT IF YOU PLAY A MOVIE USING DVDPLAYER THE XBOX WILL EXTRACT THE MEDIA METADATA Shocked

I'm using Build 23451

How do I use DVDPLAYER? Sorry I typically just play the video and it plays on my XBOX within XBMC (using Transperancy!).

Sorry for the newbie question here Eek
xbs08 Wrote:JUST FOUND THAT IF YOU PLAY A MOVIE USING DVDPLAYER THE XBOX WILL EXTRACT THE MEDIA METADATA Shocked

I'm using Build 23451

Shocked and so it is. It works on build 23281 too
grupy Wrote:How do I use DVDPLAYER? Sorry I typically just play the video and it plays on my XBOX within XBMC (using Transperancy!).

Sorry for the newbie question here Eek

On a movie press TITLE on the xbox remote and then PLAY USING... DVDPLAYER.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:On a movie press TITLE on the xbox remote and then PLAY USING... DVDPLAYER.

Nice, appreicate the reply Nod

Plan on updating my build to 23451 as well tonight
arnova Wrote:Only thing I'm disabling is the thumb/background reader extracting the flags/autothumbs since it just doesn't work properly on Xbox.
Was anything seriously wrong with the thumb generator?

I found it would eventually stop generating thumbs for really large video files (1gb+ videos after processing a few hundred other files, fixed by a reboot, probably a minor memory leak somewhere), and of course it was limited to only producing thumbs for videos DVDPlayer could handle, but...

It was fast, effective and optional - never caused a crash for me. Granted, you wouldn't want to leave it on all the time (if it couldn't process a video that didn't have a thumb, it'd try to do it every time you entered that folder), but how often would you need it on? I honestly thought you had implemented perfectly, and any flaws were attributed to DVDPlayer.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Slipx Wrote:Shocked and so it is. It works on build 23281 too
It also works on T3CH XBMC 2009-09-27 SVN rev23183.
Bomb Bloke Wrote:Was anything seriously wrong with the thumb generator?

I found it would eventually stop generating thumbs for really large video files (1gb+ videos after processing a few hundred other files, fixed by a reboot, probably a minor memory leak somewhere), and of course it was limited to only producing thumbs for videos DVDPlayer could handle, but...

It was fast, effective and optional - never caused a crash for me. Granted, you wouldn't want to leave it on all the time (if it couldn't process a video that didn't have a thumb, it'd try to do it every time you entered that folder), but how often would you need it on? I honestly thought you had implemented perfectly, and any flaws were attributed to DVDPlayer.

The problem is simply the lack of memory, which we don't have on Xbox (only 64Mb) and I simply refuse to implement stuff that doesn't work reliably on a vast majority of setups...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Ah well. Thanks for your efforts, anyway - I already keep a bunch of different XBMC installs on my system, so one more specifically for thumbnail generation won't hurt anything. Wink
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
Hey I have a bit of a problem. When I play stacked movies with DVDplayer, their metadata doesn't show up in the library. Is there anything I can do, aside from joining the files? I would join them, but most of them are foreign movies, and I really would like to avoid combining subtitle files, just because it can be tedious to time them right.
Yeah first figure out whether the Windows/Linux/MacOSX version for XBMC experiences the same behaviour/problem...
arnova, I read earlier in this thread you were playing around with the thumbnail generation capabilities of the Xbox.
I was wondering if what you ended up changing could have caused the problem in Ticket 7751?
greatant1337 Wrote:arnova, I read earlier in this thread you were playing around with the thumbnail generation capabilities of the Xbox.
I was wondering if what you ended up changing could have caused the problem in Ticket 7751?

Nope, it's unrelated since I didn't change anything there yet on Xbox...
Sooo... I see "Extract thumbs and flags" has now turned up under the General section of the Videos setting menu?

Doesn't seem to do anything, though... Is it there by mistake, or does it really only extract flags (in which case should the string be changed)?

Given that the "remember folder views" and "treat stacked files as single" options have simply disappeared from the same menu (they were there around ~r23700 and I'm not sure whether they were moved or removed - I can't seem to find them at a cursory glance), I'm inclined to think the former?
The automatic thumb extraction option being there is indeed a mistake: as I said earlier: it will never ever be implemented on Xbox. Only thing that *may* happen is extraction when getting video info a certain file.... It is indeed the correct the other options were removed, as this was part of the setting "cleanup"....
Hi

Why this threed is dead ?
Why in the last SVN about 2010 the option is gone Sad
Is it possible to have the Media Flagging come back please ?
Because it works very fine on my xbox and i m very sad to not have it now Sad
Please ...

Thanks
Bye
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0