[WINDOWS] Not getting cast for movies
Ok, I have searched and searched and searched but to no aveil. I have updated my XBMC for the past few days, ever since then, I have not been able to get it to download the cast information for movies like it used to. The content has been set over and over again. I even cleared one folder of movies on my HDD and then re-scanned for them to put them back into the library. The posters come up along with the other information, just not the cast and cast thumbs. Is there something wrong with XBMC now or what?
Same issue here.
I am new to xbmc so I do not know how it worked before but I am definitely not getting any cast info with 9.04.1 on WinXP - cast info is there for the same movies on OS X.
I do not think it's a skin issue, but with the MediaStream skin the cast info is empty; with Aeon it says "Cast Details unavailable" under 'Starring'; with PM3.HD the plot info is underneath 'Cast' (?!) and plot is empty ... Oo
Am I missing something here or is this a bug?
imdb changed - grab a new scraper from svn
in case you're still confused:
You can get the fixed scraper and replace your imdb.xml scraper

It goes under XBMC\system\scrapers\video

you can get the official link for it here as well (via this post.)
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Thanks spiff and nicoli_k!
I got the [imdb] scraper from here hinted to in a post that I found searching for "scraper download svn".
Which one shall I/we use?
Also - what is the best way to 'refresh' the whole library with data scraped with the new xml?
TIA and Cheers,
alex
I installed the most recent IMDB scraper and it fixed issue with the cast info.

But, it stopped displaying alternative movie thumbnails and posters. Old scraper was able to pull up to 12 different posters and my wife enjoyed looking across the set and picking the best one. The new scraper shows just one at the best.

So, I performed a major surgery, copied all entries from the old scraper starting right after </GetMovieWriters> closing tag over the corresponding section in the new scraper.

Surprisingly, worked like a charm.

P.S. I'm running XBMC Babylon 9.04.1-repack2
flyingkite, can you post your imdb.xml file so others can have a look?
Cheeto Wrote:flyingkite, can you post your imdb.xml file so others can have a look?

MODERATED: use a pastebin service like pastebin.ca instead of "spamming" the forum ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Not getting cast for movies0