• 3(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
What about poster & fantart resizing and compression? That is a useful feature, imo.
philter Wrote:What about poster & fantart resizing and compression? That is a useful feature, imo.

Fanart resizing is already working.

I have not written poster resizing for two reasons,
1) Posters are available with many aspect ratios, to have a resize option like fanart would cause a bad ar.
2) People can choose to get their posters from a source with reasonable quality lower resolution images such as MPDB
Kilack Wrote:Looks great, any chance the ignore rar files option can be activated?
I set a value there but doesn't seem to save

the option for minimum rar size will be coming soon.
When you change the cert field and click quick save, it doesn't save that change. But if you go into editor, it does save it. Not sure if that is on purpose or not.

Also, when I sort by date added, it does seem to sort somehow but I am not sure how it is doing it. I am guessing it is sorting by month then day then year. I think it should be sorting by year then month then day.

And I am hoping you will re-add the get trailer from IMDB at some point. Blush I like to download them and keep them. And that was a really easy way to do most. Big Grin

J_K_M_A_N
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:When you change the cert field and click quick save, it doesn't save that change. But if you go into editor, it does save it. Not sure if that is on purpose or not.

Also, when I sort by date added, it does seem to sort somehow but I am not sure how it is doing it. I am guessing it is sorting by month then day then year. I think it should be sorting by year then month then day.

And I am hoping you will re-add the get trailer from IMDB at some point. Blush I like to download them and keep them. And that was a really easy way to do most. Big Grin

J_K_M_A_N

I'll look into the cert issue, sounds like an oversite on my part.

I added support for IMDB trailers in version 3.019
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:The one thing I notice missing is the ability to list only movies that were just found.
J_K_M_A_N

Yes, this is a very handy feature I didn't see it either but I was bouncy between the older version and the gen2 so I wasn't sure if they had already been tagged as old imports.

Shame imdb had to mess things up but this new version looks very nice.
billyad2000 Wrote:I added support for IMDB trailers in version 3.019

I saw the button to play a trailer if I had one (and I see it says download trailer when I first start the program up) but the button doesn't show up to download one from IMDB. The example I have is Just Cause (1995). On IMDB it has a trailer (two actually) but the button doesn't show up to allow a download.

J_K_M_A_N
billyad2000 Wrote:Fanart resizing is already working.

I have not written poster resizing for two reasons,
1) Posters are available with many aspect ratios, to have a resize option like fanart would cause a bad ar.
2) People can choose to get their posters from a source with reasonable quality lower resolution images such as MPDB

And :Big Grin

3) Xbmc does already resize the poster when scraping into userdata.
Default 512x512 and for xbox 192x192. (Doesn't need to be square.)
You can change the size in Advancedsettings.xml

For fanart isn't a default size and no setting. There is a ticket for it Nod
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4856

If it does get added to XBMC you don't have to rezise the fanart anymore.
(Resizing is needed for xbox!!!!)
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:I saw the button to play a trailer if I had one (and I see it says download trailer when I first start the program up) but the button doesn't show up to download one from IMDB. The example I have is Just Cause (1995). On IMDB it has a trailer (two actually) but the button doesn't show up to allow a download.

J_K_M_A_N

Does the .nfo file contain a trailer url. This is obtained when the movie is scraped, and the link it downloads from.

I've noticed that changing movie does not add the trailer link, i've just fixed this issue.

I'll be uploading a new version later today that will include this fix.
billyad2000 Wrote:Does the .nfo file contain a trailer url. This is obtained when the movie is scraped, and the link it downloads from.

I've noticed that changing movie does not add the trailer link, i've just fixed this issue.

I'll be uploading a new version later today that will include this fix.

It does not show a link for a trailer. I went into the settings and checked the box that said Include IMDB Movie Trailer url within the nfo file and then rescraped it and it gave me the option to download it now. Sorry about that. I didn't know that had to be checked. I thought of it as I didn't want a link, I wanted to download it.

One other thing I noticed is that the first time you scrape a movie with media search, it doesn't give any fileinfo. If I right click the movie and rescrape then that info is filled in in the nfo. Not sure if that is on purpose or not.

J_K_M_A_N
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:One other thing I noticed is that the first time you scrape a movie with media search, it doesn't give any fileinfo. If I right click the movie and rescrape then that info is filled in in the nfo. Not sure if that is on purpose or not.

J_K_M_A_N

It is an error, just not the one you think.

There is an option to enable HD Tags in the movie scraper settings. It was my intention that this option would be used for all scraping, not just the initial media search.

It wil be fixed for the next release (Later Today).

You will need to check this option.
happens in views: Title & Year and Folder

Settings:
'Use Folder Names' in settings, makes no difference.
'Disable Caching of Media DB'

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
@Livin

What version
Changes for version 3.031
  • .rar size setting has been enabled to allow unwanted rar files such as subs to be ignored
  • The sort by date added has been fixed. It will now list movies by the nfo creation date. This date will be reset by creation, editing, saving, or rescraping
  • A basic command line option has been added, "\Media Companion.exe sq" will start the program minimized, scan for and scrape any new movies, then exit the program.
  • The don't overwrite fanart and thumbs switch in the options is now working
  • Bugfix - Changes to the cert were not saved using quicksave
  • Bugfix - IMDB scraper error would popup debug message I forgot to remove

I think i've fixed all of the reported issues in this version, any more issues then please let me know ASAP.

I have not added a filter to view newly added movies. The idea is that new movies added will be obvous by the sort by date added filter. I know that this has not worked properly yet, but I think I have finally got it working as expected. It also has the advantage of not been reset when MC is closed. You could use the commandline run MC and still see what new movies were added when you next run the program.
If a good may people think that this option is really necessary then i'll look into it.

Download Version 3.031

Just overwrite the previous version, the config will remain compatable.
billyad2000 Wrote:@Livin

What version

just tried the latest version... one you posted seconds ago.

Deleted the entire MC folder and tried the new one... still happens.

I even tried deleting C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Media Companion folder... no help there

at firest it read nothing from the folder I set in settings... then when I choose 'Rebuild Movies' it creates the list, with duplicates
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1