Autoboot xbmc
Acer Aspire X1200 Vista x32

I set up eventghost with my mce remote and set it to autostart xbmc. Which works great. All remote functions work as they should.

I then changed the shell to launch eventghost. I restarted the pc and when it came back up it loaded xbmc perfect. But NO REMOTE functionality anymore! No

I even shut down xbmc which brought me back to eventghost and then hit autostart in eventghost and it launched xbmc...remote doesnt work at all.

If I boot back into windows it all works fine...
I have to admit, I'm a little lost. Is this some kind of altered version of Vista? Is that what you are saying when you say, "changed the shell"?

Is your XBMC folder in EventGhost disabled? For whatever reason, that used to be a problem for me. I set EventGhost up to enable the XBMC context folder when it started XBMC and that resolved the issue.
Im saying I changed the shell in the registry to load eventghost instead of explorer. So that when the computer starts up it never actually starts explorer, it starts eventghost. It all works perfect, PC loads straight to XBMC, but there is no remote functionality this way...that is my problem.

natethomas Wrote:I have to admit, I'm a little lost. Is this some kind of altered version of Vista? Is that what you are saying when you say, "changed the shell"?

Is your XBMC folder in EventGhost disabled? For whatever reason, that used to be a problem for me. I set EventGhost up to enable the XBMC context folder when it started XBMC and that resolved the issue.
I think I follow. Are you able to view Eventghost when booting directly into it to see if it is registering keystroke events?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoboot xbmc0