• 10(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)
johner Wrote:I really like the redux version, great work! But I'd like to see the nice "Show Fanart on TV Wall" feature from MediaStream. Couldn't seem to find it in the redux version.
For those who don't know what I mean,plz see below:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5282/wisht.jpg
Because its not in there and wont be I don't like that background too white

philter Wrote:Man, like the work here but really miss Episode and Season views...the only reason I still use Mediastream over all the other skins Sad

what these 2 not close enough for you ?

Image Image
Hi,

Jezz, many thanks again for your updates, keep them coming! Laugh

I've created a couple of patches for your code. The first one separates de VideoOSDMenu and the VideoOSDInfo. I really like the osdmenu you have created but I wanted to exploit the fact that we have menu and info separated. As 99% of the time I use the info button to see the time (world) and the video time I created an info view to show the seekbar and the clock. Leaves room to see the movie and you can always get more info from the normal menu. It's preliminary and should be re-worked (for instance the clock animation) but as I first approach I think it is fine. Here is the patch.

The second one adds support to show the DVD icon based on filename (if it finishes with .iso or .ifo). I copied it from the Aeon skin Rolleyes You need to apply this patch and copy this image to the "media" folder. It only shows the DVD icon (no other info as XBMC does not scan iso files).

Hope you consider them useful enough to include them, if not, maybe other people are interested. Regards,
eeh how do you apply those patches?
Nice job do far on this. If I could make a suggestion, instead of having just "videos" on the home screen have the ability to have "TV Shows" and "Movies" like the normal skin, but allow all 3 to be toggled on and off via settings. That's the feature that keeps me running the older one for the less tech-friendly users in the house.
aart Wrote:eeh how do you apply those patches?

Hello aart,

Don't know in windows (but I'm pretty sure there is a similar command tool available) but in linux you open up a terminal, go to the skin folder directory (in my machine is "~/.xbmc/skin/MediaStream_Redux") and then type:

patch -p1 < name_of_the_file_with_the_patch

And that should do it. Maybe someone here can tell you about windows if that's your case. Actually, here there is a tutorial that might help you:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Ho...ly_a_patch

regards,
azido Wrote:so, what about music library - will database mode and it's view modes be available in here?

also i love the option to change the music scraper with hitting the "C" button while an album is selected - nice one, when your album isn't found on one scraper and you like to try another one.

oh my god. thanks for ignoring this crappy post at all. please call me a n00b!

i got lost and behave like a first timer because i forgot even if i scrape album info in file mode, i have to manually add it to the database if not auto-updating on start. once i've done that i got the database views and my wanted options are there..

Wink

must be the weather in germany making me confuse..
cheers,azido :;):
Great skin!! I have a very large library and found myself having to reboot my xbox a lot due to memory issues when using MediaStreamMod_v2.1. (I have optimised all of my fan art using Media Companion) I find this skin/mod has solved that problem and all things generally run faster.

The only thing lacking is the ability to increase font size as the movie plot text is a tad small on my TV. I do hope that feature gets added. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ...Once again Outstanding Job!!
I moved out all the Broads Horizontal menu mod stuff into a seperate topic since it was getting lots of feed back I kind of want to keep this thread clean so I can tell whats directed at me Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54085
pilluli Wrote:Hi,

Jezz, many thanks again for your updates, keep them coming! Laugh

I've created a couple of patches for your code. The first one separates de VideoOSDMenu and the VideoOSDInfo. I really like the osdmenu you have created but I wanted to exploit the fact that we have menu and info separated. As 99% of the time I use the info button to see the time (world) and the video time I created an info view to show the seekbar and the clock. Leaves room to see the movie and you can always get more info from the normal menu. It's preliminary and should be re-worked (for instance the clock animation) but as I first approach I think it is fine. Here is the patch.

While a good Idea I really think this one comes down to personal preference but you right I really should add the clock into the info pages
pilluli Wrote:The second one adds support to show the DVD icon based on filename (if it finishes with .iso or .ifo). I copied it from the Aeon skin Rolleyes You need to apply this patch and copy this image to the "media" folder. It only shows the DVD icon (no other info as XBMC does not scan iso files).

Hope you consider them useful enough to include them, if not, maybe other people are interested. Regards,
This one is a little too General for my liking just because somthing is in an iso doesn't mean that its a dvd. Its kind of a big assumption thats bound to cause me many a complaint about false positives if I add it for everyone. Plus I think its kind of silly all by itself Smile when flagging for iso's works I might add a ISO image for it

P.S thanks for not posting huge images Smile
Rastan Wrote:.................

The only thing lacking is the ability to increase font size as the movie plot text is a tad small on my TV. I do hope that feature gets added. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ...Once again Outstanding Job!!

Not going to add it personally because it looks great and very readable on my 1080p sony tv Smile but if you open up font.xml in the 720p dir and up the size number in here a little and reload the skin it should affect all the plots ( and a couple of other things )
PHP Code:
<font>
    <
name>font12</name>
    <
filename>Default.ttf</filename>
    <
size>16</size>
</
font
The other option is search through ViewsVideoLibrary.xml for type="textbox" and change the <font> tag to "font13"
Jezz_X Wrote:Not going to add it personally because it looks great and very readable on my 1080p sony tv Smile but if you open up font.xml in the 720p dir and up the size number in here a little and reload the skin it should affect all the plots ( and a couple of other things )
PHP Code:
<font>
    <
name>font12</name>
    <
filename>Default.ttf</filename>
    <
size>16</size>
</
font
The other option is search through ViewsVideoLibrary.xml for type="textbox" and change the <font> tag to "font13"

Thanks for the reply Jezz, I used your first option and upped the size from 16 to 20. The text is much more readable for me now!! You're a star!

...I cant see where else it effected, but everything seems to be fine. Big Grin
Is there any way to have the Play The Disc Drive only appear when there is a physical disc in the drive? The same way the original Mediasteam saw it.

Was also curious as to if the video source (ie bluray hddvd) is supposed to be showing with all the other flagging on the OSD while a video file is playing. You can access it by playing a movie then hitting "p" then going to media info. Then it shows the flags in the media information windows on the right. It shows all the flags but the source. Hope this is fairly clear.

Also noticed that in the video view "Info Wrap" that even without any hacks if you have all the flagging fields populated that the aspect ratio field s being cut and isnt shown. Is there any way to move the Director and Writer fields over a tiny bit to accomidate for the space. I know I could do this myself but I just think it would be nice to have it in the official release without making it into a "mod". I dred looking at the Aeon thread because its a mod nightmare over there and then DJH releases a new official version and half the mods dont work anymore. Just my thoughts.
I like this alot, I just miss the direct breakouts of Watch Movies and Watch TV Shows Sad
I hear your pain but is it reall that hard to just go sideways from videos ? its really no more keypresses than having it in the main menu
It's more of a WAF thing Wink
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)8