XBMC adding trailers as movies to library
Just recently upgraded to:
XBMC pre9.10r21124 (compiled: Jun 17 2009)

When I updated the library to my surprise 6 new movies were added. Strange because these 6 movies were already in the movie library. Further investigation showed that the difference between these 6 movies and the other movies in the library was that these movies had trailers that were using the same container.
example;
{moviename}.avi
{moviename}-trailer.avi

or
{moviename}.mp4
{moviename}-trailer.mp4

All other movies in the library that have local trailers have different containers and were not readded to the library.
example of what wasn't affected:
{moviename}.avi
{moviename}-trailer.mov

Has anyone else come across this bug?
Sounds like a general issue with the regex matching - moved to general help forum.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Are your movies in folders because you could call them

movie-trailer.mp4
movie-trailer.avi

See if it makes a difference
Please enable debug logging in system settings and pastebin the FULL debug log showing the scan process. You're using custom regexp in advancedsettings.xml?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
>>X<<' Wrote:Are your movies in folders because you could call them

movie-trailer.mp4
movie-trailer.avi

See if it makes a difference

I tried this out and when using the naming structure above, the movies are added properly to the library and trailers are as they should be (accessible from the Movie Info content screen).

So the trouble seems to be with {moviename}-trailer when both the movie and trailer are using the same container (.avi, or .mp4)
vdrfan Wrote:Please enable debug logging in system settings and pastebin the FULL debug log showing the scan process. You're using custom regexp in advancedsettings.xml?

Okay will do, I was wondering if anyone else was also seeing the issue.
No I am not using custom regexp in advancedsettings.xml.
vdrfan Wrote:Please enable debug logging in system settings and pastebin the FULL debug log showing the scan process. You're using custom regexp in advancedsettings.xml?

I've posted the full debug log here. Clean library, attempting to add one movie with local trailer both having the .mp4 container. What's interesting as well is that "stacked" is turned off yet XBMC has added a movie by the name of "MPForce" to the library instead of the movie itself.

http://pastebin.ca/1481762
nice. the stacking regexps picks it up. i know who to yell at Wink
Exact names of the offending files please. Also is this in a flat hierarchy or dir per film?
N/m think it's fixed in r21356.
althekiller Wrote:Exact names of the offending files please. Also is this in a flat hierarchy or dir per film?
For the posted log:
A Knight's Tale (2001).mp4
A Knight's Tale (2001)-trailer.mp4
althekiller Wrote:N/m think it's fixed in r21356.
Thanks, I'll take a look
Must have missed r21356, but r21401 does fix this issue - THANKS!! Nod
I just found that some of my trailers werent showing up either. I figured out that when you have a movie inside a folder that is titled like this "Movietitle, The", you have to remove the word "The" and just leave "Movietitle".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC adding trailers as movies to library0