Movie Audio
Question 
Hello,
I have just installed Windows XBMC (from this site) and every thing seams to be working fine but the audio in movies. (AVI MKV MP4 Etc...)

The voices are low but explosions and other things are LOUD
Is their A normalizer or a way to fix thisHuh
I have messed around with every audio option in XBMC and VISTA 64
and red the online wiki and forums with no solution so far.HuhNoHuh

I had a similar problem with KM Player until I told it to normalize audio

Set Up:
Vista 64 Home Pre
Amd x3 720 BE
Asus M4A78T-E AM3 790GX
Onboard Audio Audio Chipset VIA VT1708S
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600
Ati HD 4800 1Gb
OCZ DDR3 1333 2x2Gb
Logitech 2.1 Speakers (3.5mm)

Windows and every up to date
It sounds like you have another problem, not related to XBMC, such as speakers set up incorrectly ( 5.1 going in 2 channels) or some other problem such as broken ground wire, or even something simple like the speakers plug not fully plugged in.

Also note that win 7 drivers are not necessarily complete, my sound card for example can't detect the microphone properly, with the microsoft drivers or any other.

Also try plugging the speakers into another plug, you might me listening to the subwoofer channel.
I think it is more likely that he has everything set up correctly but just doesn't like the normal dynamic range found in movies. I bet phi's masteraudio branch will have audio normalization (he will have to confirm this), but it is not currently available.
mitul103 Wrote:I think it is more likely that he has everything set up correctly but just doesn't like the normal dynamic range found in movies. I bet phi's masteraudio branch will have audio normalization (he will have to confirm this), but it is not currently available.

I'm gonna guess this is pretty close to the truth.
Thanks for the replies.

@Silverxxx:
I am pretty sure I have all the Hardware and drivers (Via audio Deck) set up correctly Music , Games and other players sound fine its just XBMC

@mitul103
Quote:I think it is more likely that he has everything set up correctly but just doesn't like the normal dynamic range found in movies. I bet phi's masteraudio branch will have audio normalization (he will have to confirm this), but it is not currently available.

I am leaning in this direction because KM Player sounded exactly the same as XBMC Till I turned on the normalization option.

When you say not available what do you mean as in
It only exists in theory or its under development?

And Is it possible to use KM Player as the media player in XBMC
like how people do this in Mediaportal
because if I could do this wouldn't that also fix the low movie voices?
paradoxdream Wrote:When you say not available what do you mean as in
It only exists in theory or its under development?

And Is it possible to use KM Player as the media player in XBMC
like how people do this in Mediaportal
because if I could do this wouldn't that also fix the low movie voices?

I mean that it is not in current SVN builds from the main branch. I think it is under development in the masteraudio branch, but I am not sure about that.

There is a way to use an external player. You should be able to find support threads for this via search. I have no experience with this function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Audio0