Share a DVD from another computer in the network?
I got no DVD player in my HTPC. But sometimes I want to watch a DVD, and I wonder if its possible in some way to put the DVD in my computer running windows, and then be able to watch the DVD in XBMC on my HTPC running Ubuntu?

Thanks.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
As long as you can SMB share it out like any other drive. I dont why it wouldnt work. You would just do an "add source" like any other share on XBMC.
SlaveUnit Wrote:As long as you can SMB share it out like any other drive. I dont why it wouldnt work. You would just do an "add source" like any other share on XBMC.

But, I think the share will be like I explore the content of the DVD..

I see VOB files, but it doesnt work like if I press enter on an ISO file in XBMC.

/Söder
Now I got this share:

<source>
<name>DVD on soder</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://soder/DVD/</path>
</source>

soder is my computer and DVD is the name I shared my DVD E: under.

Now I can enter "DVD on soder" but I only see Audio_TS and Video_TS.

Im not able to play it like a normal DVD, with the menu.

Can that be fixed?

/Söder
I see what you are saying. Im not sure how to do this. I didnt think it would only see the files and not the .ifo to start the dvd.
SlaveUnit Wrote:I see what you are saying. Im not sure how to do this. I didnt think it would only see the files and not the .ifo to start the dvd.

Ok. Thanks for the info. =)

I didnt know about the .ifo

When I entered VIDEO_TS there was a file called video_ts.ifo that started the DVD.

/Söder
Yeah thats as close as I can think of to getting it to do what you want without a code rewrite in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share a DVD from another computer in the network?0