[RELEASE] TopDocumentary (Video) Plugin
love the add on tons of content, however I have come to notice that more and more of the programs are broken up into parts, is there a way to queue all parts or to stack them all to play as one file? Keep up the good work.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I have never been able to get this to work on ATV2 running latest Dharma release (not nightly). Tried removing & re-installing to no avail. I LOVE documentaries & would really like to get this working. Any help is appreciated & I am happy to troubleshoot.

http://pastebin.com/iyzat6g7

TIA
ok, I have managed to get it working by editing the offending line in default.py:

addLink('Play '+name+' -'+' Part '+ str(i),url.replace('€','').replace('/',''),'','','')
except: pass

Guessing that the "€" was causing the "non-ascii character" error, I replaced it with "~". Amazingly, that worked. Don't ask me how or why chose that character to replace it. I seriously have no idea what I am doing. I thought a Python was a snake. Eek

From googling the error message - I gather it has something to do with unicode or UTF8 or something. I am assuming this all means something to you developer- wizards out there.....I am just an infrastructure guy with insomnia and a burning desire to watch documentaries. Nerd
eTip Wrote:ok, I have managed to get it working by editing the offending line in default.py:

addLink('Play '+name+' -'+' Part '+ str(i),url.replace('€','').replace('/',''),'','','')
except: pass

Guessing that the "€" was causing the "non-ascii character" error, I replaced it with "~". Amazingly, that worked. Don't ask me how or why chose that character to replace it. I seriously have no idea what I am doing. I thought a Python was a snake. Eek

From googling the error message - I gather it has something to do with unicode or UTF8 or something. I am assuming this all means something to you developer- wizards out there.....I am just an infrastructure guy with insomnia and a burning desire to watch documentaries. Nerd

Could you help me with getting this working on atv2 . I can only install from the repo and therfore cant find the default.py to modify . Is it possible to upload your modified addon
Since I assume this is affecting all ATV users, hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Not sure where I would upload anything for you if you can only install from the repo. Can't you access your ATV via terminal or preferably SFTP (using Cyberduck on Mac or Filezilla on PC)? That's what I did, then copied the default.py to my PC, edited it & copied it back (backing up the original).
Yeah mate im happy enough to be able to edit the .py file and use fillazilla etc . Problem is i cant find the installed addon when i install it via the repo . I dont know where it sticks the files . If i could find just the addon then happy days i cold do what you have worked out . Any help locating the add on would be great . On another note you dont happen to know is there a 4 on demand addon ?
cheers
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

Is where all of the Addon folders are. plugin.video.topdoc is the folder you are looking for. Make a backup of the default.py before editing it.

FYI, Filezilla has a search feature - that's what I used initially to figure out where things are. Then bookmark locations you are likely to need to acccess again.
Thanks mate thats me all sorted . Thats another confirmed apple tv 2 with topdoc .

Line 330 is the line which needs editing just as described in this thread . Smile
Sorry for the hiatus. I was transferred (due to my profession) to a country where it is hard for me to reach major file-sharing or video streaming sites. Nevertheless, long live XBMC users.
it would seem that the plugin is no longer functioning, thanks for all your hard work.
Plugin has been all dead for a while now.
Could we get a fix?
Just thought I would share my fixed version of the TopDocumentaries add-on.

On initial testing this is running fine for me on latest ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr version of XBMC so I guess it should be fine for stable/trunk svn versions of Dharma.

You can download it from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?uddt5gj0fapzq7m

Enjoy... Cool
would it be possible to check the status of the plugin, I am getting the plugin failed error on the content that actually comes up, at first check many of the docs contain nothing. Thanks for your time working on this great plugin.
It errors out on me to.
Dharma 10.1Win 7 64 bit
Thanks for the try though Nod
bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TopDocumentary (Video) Plugin0