Any reason I can't use a Geforce4 MX 440?
Will it cause any problems? XBMC opens fine, but it does tend to be a little unstable sometimes, especially when accessing my main box over SMB, but the wireless card in there is awful so it's probably related to that. Anyways, it says I should have a least a Geforce 6 series, is that a requirement or just a recommendation? The rest of the specs are a Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz and 512 MB of DDR RAM. I don't think I'll need to play HD content, just DVDs and AVIs (Xvid, Divx, etc) streamed from my box (which can stream to my PS3 fine BTW), so will this card do the job or do I need something better?
IIRC the mx440 was one of the few gf4 which is up to snuff. It's not ideal but it'll probably work fine.
That's good to hear. It plays DVDs just fine on my 720p TV, so I don't think I need an upgrade, at least for a while. Now to fix the horrible wireless card. If I can't get it working right I'll have to put Windows on it (the card works better in Windows). Oh well, maybe I'll take that problem to the Ubuntu Forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any reason I can't use a Geforce4 MX 440?0