RevoBoot Linux Needed
Hi Guys,

I recently bought myself a Acer Revo with the aspirations to install xbmc live. However it seems my LAN card is faulty as I cannot connect to my network and the activity lights do not come on. I've tried different cables, different ports on my routers and still no joy. I know my router is working fine as my laptop can connect to it wirelessly and via the same ethernet cable.

So I have a number of questions:

1) Does the Revo Ethernet port have activity LEDs that light up when an Ethernet cable is connected?

2) As I've wiped the Revoboot Linux OS and I may need to return my Revo, does anyone know where I can get another copy or can someone be kind enough to provide a copy of the files? I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Oz
Where's the XBMC related question?
Try revouser.com

but my inital response is:

a) no
b) warranty can't be voided by software
Moved to OffTopic/HTPC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks a lot, guys. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I meant to ask when installing xbmc live on a revo, I assume no additional drivers are required for the LAN card?
omaqsood Wrote:Hi Guys,

I recently bought myself a Acer Revo with the aspirations to install xbmc live. However it seems my LAN card is faulty as I cannot connect to my network and the activity lights do not come on. I've tried different cables, different ports on my routers and still no joy. I know my router is working fine as my laptop can connect to it wirelessly and via the same ethernet cable.

So I have a number of questions:

1) Does the Revo Ethernet port have activity LEDs that light up when an Ethernet cable is connected?

2) As I've wiped the Revoboot Linux OS and I may need to return my Revo, does anyone know where I can get another copy or can someone be kind enough to provide a copy of the files? I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Oz

I had this problem. When i booted from my xbmc live usb i couldnt connect to my network.
So i decided to use g-parted to partition the drive and install ubuntu jaunty and xbmc and i have everything working fine except surround sound but i do get sound over hdmi.

o yea there should be lights on the network port but try installing ubuntu first to test it. It cant hurt.
Thanks for the advice. I've tried installing Ubuntu via the Minimal CD but it has to connect to the Internet to retrieve the remaining installation files and fails to install. Should I just try the full fat version of Ubuntu? Otherwise I may need to try installing xp or windows 7 and see if my network card is detected.
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53888

try that if you want to install XBMC to revo HD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RevoBoot Linux Needed0