White screen on HD playback?
I just did a minimal install of Ubuntu and I'm running the latest PPA build on xbmc (XBMC pre-9.10 r21401 (July 5))
I'm running on a Zotac B N330 motherboard (with ION chipset), and I've installed NVIDIA 185.18.14 drivers.
I have the framebuffer set in the BIOS to 512Mb, and I've got 2Gb RAM installed in the machine.

Everything seems to be working great (HDMI output, HDMI digital and analog audio), however -- playing back any kind of HiDef BR/HD-DVD rip (MKV format and .TS) works for about 30 second, then the screen turns completely white.

The movie is still playing in the background (the audio continues), and the debug info displays correctly at the top of the screen when pressing 'O'

I can stop the movie, and go play a normal XviD or AVI file, and it works just fine -- it only seems to have this problem with HD stuff.

Does anyone have any clue as to what's going on?
Hmmm... it would appear that if I enable 'Sync Playback with Audio', it all works fine.
Even though you've found a "workaround", please read the sticky about posting problems in a useful manner and post all the details so we might beable to fix the real issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White screen on HD playback?0