[Wireless/Stream] XBMC stops after 10 seconds
Hi!

Problem Report:
Quote:Version: XBMC 9.04
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 with all updates since 30 June.
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHZ
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: Nvidia 6600, latest drivers (186.XX)
Sound Card: I don't installed it yet.
Other Devices: Wifi N (d-link, with its drivers installed properly)
Skin: Aeon

Log: http://pastebin.com/f2bcf938

Problem: When I play a movie with XBMC through Wireless it stop after X seconds (it depends on the movie) and freeze the movie. I can stop the movie go to the menu and play other movie... but it does the same. Other players don't pause at all and I can watch the movie properly.

Thanks for your help!

Fist of all i must apologize for my poor english (you are adviced! :p).

I'm doing an instalation of "server/client" at home. The conection is trought Wireless N.

When I play something with VLC (for example) or another player, it plays well, but in XBMC after 10 seconds it stops (sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 15, 7... it depends on the movie)

What do you think?.

Thanks!
Please read the sticky about reporting a problem in a useful manner. a FULL debug log onto pastebin.com would have told us what is wrong.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Version: XBMC 9.04
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 with all updates since 30 June.
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHZ
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: Nvidia 6600, latest drivers (186.XX)
Sound Card: I don't installed it yet.
Other Devices: Wifi N (d-link, with its drivers installed properly)
Skin: Aeon

Log: http://pastebin.com/f1afd15f3

Problem: When I play a movie with XBMC through Wireless it stop after X seconds (it depends on the movie) and freeze the movie. I can stop the movie go to the menu and play other movie... but it does the same. Other players don't pause at all and I can watch the movie properly.

Thanks for your help!
That's a) no debug logfile (enable debugging in systemsettings) and b) an incomplete file. we need the whole file with debugging enabled. try to reproduce the issue.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Sorry, here you have Smile.

http://pastebin.com/f2bcf938

I hope I do it well now. I entered to xbmc, movies menu, play a movie, at 7~10 seconds crashed, wait more or less 20 seconds, and exit of XBMC properly.
Code:
11:26:20 T:2292 M:473677824 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - retrieved last data packet of queue
11:26:21 T:2292 M:473845760    INFO: CDVDPlayerVideo - Stillframe detected, switching to forced 25.000000 fps

...your video queue is starving. could you please enable the osd while playing (hit "o") and have a look at the vq -value? i bet it drops to 0% just before it freezes.
Haggy Wrote:
Code:
11:26:20 T:2292 M:473677824 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - retrieved last data packet of queue
11:26:21 T:2292 M:473845760    INFO: CDVDPlayerVideo - Stillframe detected, switching to forced 25.000000 fps

...your video queue is starving. could you please enable the osd while playing (hit "o") and have a look at the vq -value? i bet it drops to 0% just before it freezes.

It exactly does it. When it drops to 0%, it freezes.
And the exact same file plays fine until the end on the same connection but with any other player like VLC? Sounds more like your wifi connection cannot keep up with the file's bitrate. unfortunately there's no buffer setting in xbmc.

Maybe some dev has a better hint.
Haggy Wrote:And the exact same file plays fine until the end on the same connection but with any other player like VLC? Sounds more like your wifi connection cannot keep up with the file's bitrate. unfortunately there's no buffer setting in xbmc.

Maybe some dev has a better hint.

Yes, VLC, mediaportal, MPC Confused... I get 216 Mbits from the N Router Confused... and it isn't a HD movie (only 1000 kbps).
No better tip than trying the last stable or latest third party build. I also use a wifi connection and can watch several hours without a problem.
I use directly smb via XBMC and not a local mounted drive but I doubt that it matters.
I think i solved the problem:

As i said in the first post i didn't have the audio drivers installed...

I've just installed it now, and it doesn't freeze Confused. I think it is solved but I must do more tests.

If it is solved, I'll post it later and write "SOLVED" in the thread's tittle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Wireless/Stream] XBMC stops after 10 seconds0