• 4(current)
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development
I hope the video clearly demonstrates why Surface is not Xperience..nor could this be made as 1080 theme for Xperience right?
Oh it clearly shows this is NOTHING like Xperience. Other than the visual similarities of course.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Oh it clearly shows this is NOTHING like Xperience. Other than the visual similarities of course.

Look like we have a race between the two skins it will be interesting to compare the two of themWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
phyek Wrote:Uploaded a quick video with the skin in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2HudEpBGk

Wow, nice video, really well done. Good stuff! Can't wait to try it.
Beatzeps08 Wrote:Is this blur-effect possible with xbmc (min 00:30)? :-O

^ This.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Just curious, are there plans to have media flag support within the skin at all (couldn't see any in the teaser)?
redtapemedia Wrote:Just curious, are there plans to have media flag support within the skin at all (couldn't see any in the teaser)?

I agree. I think most people would agree that media flags beyond anything is the biggest step within xbmc for the look of any skin. Any chance of sharing a glimpse of what your media flags will look like?
Phyek:

Originally I was approached to help design Xperience, a skin that was inspired by the Xbox (NXE) interface. After designing Xperience, Minimalko and I decided to pursue our own version named “Surface.” We wanted to pay close attention to the little details which we feel are important and make the difference. Unfortunately, we received mostly negative reactions when we posted the new project in the forum. So we put Surface on hold and decided to work on my other concept instead. However, since we did a lot of cool stuff (like faking various effects such as blur which I’ve never seen in any xbmc skin), I wanted to show a quick video of Surface in action before moving on. That’s pretty much where we are right now.
minimalko Wrote:Phyek:

Originally I was approached to help design Xperience, a skin that was inspired by the Xbox (NXE) interface. After designing Xperience, Minimalko and I decided to pursue our own version named “Surface.” We wanted to pay close attention to the little details which we feel are important and make the difference. Unfortunately, we received mostly negative reactions when we posted the new project in the forum. So we put Surface on hold and decided to work on my other concept instead. However, since we did a lot of cool stuff (like faking various effects such as blur which I’ve never seen in any xbmc skin), I wanted to show a quick video of Surface in action before moving on. That’s pretty much where we are right now.

Sorry, but where are these "mostly negative reactions"? Maybe I´m missing something but I see mostly positive reactions... :confused2:
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
i'm totally gutted by this news, i was really looking forward to this skin and personally feel that it looks alot better than Xperience, i've been checking this thread daily in the hope of updates and i also havn't seen any negative reactions to this skin Sad
tungmeister Wrote:i'm totally gutted by this news, i was really looking forward to this skin and personally feel that it looks alot better than Xperience, i've been checking this thread daily in the hope of updates and i also havn't seen any negative reactions to this skin Sad
I think he refers to the comments on the first few posts.
While it is similar to experience, but there are a lot of subtle differences which
to my way of thinking make it worth while working on and thus releasing.
I myself eagerly await all new skins in development without any bias to the creators,
as i am still looking for my perfect skin for xbmc, and i hope phyek and minimalko still
do continue to work on this as it would be a shame not to complete it (unless you no longer have the drive to continue) I say ignore all the negative comments all skins get those
Just do what you feel is right for youNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
While I'm disappointed to hear this is being put on hold, I'm infinitely more intrigued by the "decided to work on my other concept instead" part. Smile
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Wut wut wut!? You guys must be joking, right? I was really looking forward to this skin. I very much like the attention to detail, much nicer then Xperience. Please don't stop the development of this skin because some people where to blind to see the difference.
Shocked I'm sure whatever you guys end up working on will be great, but I was really looking forward to this skin, especially after seeing the trailer. Then again I'm also intrigued by the concept phytek has posted about too.
minimalko Wrote:Phyek:

I think most people here doesn't agree with your decision Blush

The purpose of developping a new skin is, abstract the personal satisfaction, to share with users the concept you worked on so hard.

I am very disappointing that the remark of a former companion, who certainly hard to digest your departure, might question the availability for users your beautiful skin.

I implore you to ignore these comments and continue working on Surface!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development5